Thursday, September 30, 2010

Gr8

Love this picture. Love this girl. Love balloons.


June is eight now. Or at least she has been for about an hour as I write this. I had her late in the evening. The nurse told me that I probably wouldn't have her until the next morning. But I guess June decided it was time to get the show on the road. That attitude has followed her through life. When she puts her mind to something, she can accomplish almost anything.


There was no friend party this year. Instead I took her to Color Me Mine. We had a great time, the two of us, but there are no pictures until we get the finished products. (So stay tuned.)

We opened presents this evening, and I think she liked all her gifts. Her favorite is probably the Build Your Own Fairytale Kit. It is just a big empty book with lots of stickers and stuff to put inside while you write your own story. That is right up her alley. She loves to read and write. I'll have to take some pictures as she builds her story.

I love when only one person knows you are taking a picture.


 Another big hit: the Heelys. You know, those shoes with the wheels in them.


Ivory came up with that idea all by herself. They are not for the faint of heart. I see kids zipping around in them at the grocery store and it looks easy. Contrary to how kids make it look, I think they take a bit of practice. And let's be honest, my children are not the most graceful. June was headed for a sore tailbone, so Tyler remedied the situation while she was practicing. It led to lots of giggles from the peanut gallery.


Robyn especially could not get over her large bottom. This does not bode well for me in the future.

And to finish we have the traditional spitting on the cake. June actually requested that she NOT have cake this year. She said I could surprise her with any other kind of dessert. So I got her cake anyway, but when you put the word cheese in front of it, it becomes a whole different kind of delicious. June seemed pleased with my choice, despite the fact that it was technically still a 'cake'.


Happy Birthday June!! You sure are greight.

5 comments:

Deanne said...

What a cutie! It looks like she had a great day. Happy Birthday, June!

Katie said...

Happy happy birthday, June! She's such a cutie. :)

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday June! I love that first picture as well!

Chelle! said...

Aw...Happy Birthday June!!! You are so cute!!!

¡Vieve! said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Happy birthday to June!