Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dad's Day

I apologize to Tyler for not posting this sooner. Father's Day is important to me. And we had an excellent time this year. We partied man-style. In case you are wondering what man-style means, it most certainly involves steak.

Check out our smokin' grill. Yummy goodness.


I let Tyler decorate the table and he did that man-style too. Yes, those are tools, and no, we did not use the power saw to cut the steak.


We brought back our one-time tradition of ice cream tasting that we invented three years ago. Oddly, Brian, I swear you are wearing almost exactly the same shirt. Weird.


It was a blast. It says Jared was the winner, but Brian and he tied and we rolled for Grand Champion. Our tie-breaker flavor was Late Night Snack with chocolate covered potato chips. (Yes, this is a real Ben & Jerry's flavor.) We made the men come up with their own name for it. Jared chose Coco Puff Carnival and Brian named it Chicken Tracks. (Neither of them guessed potato chips as an ingredient...go figure.)

Another fabulous Father's Day under the belt. Dads—you rock.

My own Dad is pretty great too. Can't wait to see him soon. Oh, and Mom, I know it was your birthday and I totally forgot to do anything for it, including call you. I am truly shamed, and I will make it up to you somehow.

3 comments:

Aubry Macbean said...

There is a very good possibility that the shirt Brian is wearing is the one he wore a few years ago.

¡Vieve! said...

I love the Late Night Snack one! So delicious with the chocolate covered chips!

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Love the picture of the smokin' grill. Love the manly center piece too! You guys always have great ideas!