Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkins Galore

Somehow there seemed to be a lot of pumpkins that came and went in our house this year. Pictures were taken here and there, and now it seems time to get them all on here.

We had the Davies over to carve with us. McKenzie (the meany) brought this box and told me there was a present inside for me. The lid slides to one side. I slowly started to open it and I looked inside. Ha ha, there was a fake spider inside. (Funny McKenzie.) Well, she wasn't going to get me, because now I knew what was in there....


...so I opened the lid the rest of the way and the spider JUMPED out at me, and I screamed. Okay, so she got me after all. It is a pretty cool little device with the spider connected to the lid in such a way that when it opens, the spider comes out and touches your hand. The kids were fascinated and played with it over and over. I have to admit, even I opened the lid several more times.


And then we got to pumpkin carving and decorating. There was some of both. Paints, tape, knives, etc. Even Ivory who painted and then wanted to carve. (I guess Halloween is all about being lenient when it comes to pumpkin escapades.)


June and Ivory both scooped their own guts. (Good for them.)


And we even got a group shot with everyone smiling. (It is a Halloween miracle.)


And now for the pumpkins...

I opted NOT to carve.


Adi needed a shot with my pumpkin too, which seemed fair since we didn't have one that night.


Here are some of the carved creations.



And here are some painted ones. (Doesn't Pearl look like a little waif child?)


Robyn made a witch.


Look at her attention to detail.


I made these spider pumpkins earlier in the week.


Daisy enjoyed painting her pumpkin.


Ivory got another pumpkin from school and painted it. Where is William Tell when you need him? (She decided to pose like this all by herself.)


Oh, and June taped a pumpkin too.


Phew...I think we got them all. Tyler was wondering the other day why Halloween is in October. It doesn't make sense to wear costumes and go out in the freezing cold. And at the time, I didn't have a very good answer. But now I know...you have to have Pumpkins for Halloween. Therefore, you get October. And I love it.

2 comments:

meganmushrat said...

Those are some of the most awesome pumpkins I have ever seen - although my vote for creativity goes to Tyler's. How on earth he managed to carve those little hands is beyond me. But, sadly, we don't do pumpkin carving any more. Thanks for sharing them with us.

¡Vieve! said...

Holy amazing pumpkins! I can't believe the detail on Tyler's pumpkin, but I love how colorful yours is, and the girls made some really cute ones. How fun!