Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fairy Tale Dance

I mentioned in passing that Ivory took a Fairy Tale Dance class and she really enjoyed it. It was back before she started pre-school and it was just the right thing to fill the time since the Itty Bitty Bruins start SO LATE!! Yep, I still am boggled that they start pre-school at the end of October, but you take what you can get. And I really do love their program.

So Daisy is in the same situation this year, and I was reminded of the class, so I stuck her in there. She had such a great time, and I feel so much more comfortable about her going into pre-school. Daisy has always been my shy, reserved one. She stuck close to mom, cried when I left, and didn't want to venture out too far. But in this last year, I have seen marked improvement.

And especially in the dance class, she did fine. No anxiety. No clinging. It was fantastic.

The first day, they did Cinderella. We came straight from shopping and that is why Daisy is wearing pants.


All the little girls were so cute. At the end, they all practiced a curtsy.


The next week was Alice in Wonderland. (As a rule, I don't own that movie, but Daisy didn't care that she was unfamiliar with the story.)


Lion King was another day. We were waiting for some other girls and Daisy was being silly. And cute.


Actually, two of the girls eventually stopped participating. I guess Daisy isn't the only shy one out there. So the class was small, but they still had lots of fun.


I actually forgot my camera one time and missed another session, but the last day was a party where they did dances from all of the previous sessions. Yay. So, here is Belle:


And Minnie Mouse.


I'm so glad Daisy got to do this. She is always watching her sisters participate in extra activities. But this was her turn to shine. And now school will start....okay....still not for another two weeks. I'm telling ya people. LATE.

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

So cute! Those dresses make me want to dress up and dance around. I gotta hear the story on Alice in Wonderland now...

meganmushrat said...

What a wonderful idea for a class for little girls. They love playing dress-up, and dancing gives them a chance to get some of that energy out. I wonder if I could incorporate the fairy-tale class into my next fairy story . . .