Thursday, May 7, 2015

Back in Business

School is just weeks away from closure. We are in a mad dash to the finish with projects, plays, concerts, reports, fieldtrips, and the like. How does one mom keep up? Not to mention the month of posts that I am behind on.

Part of me thought that I could coast until summer and I would catch up then, but inside my head there was hysterical laughter (the creepy kind) because we don't slow down during the summer and posts would pile up like laundry does around here.

There is no rest for the weary. Better just to jump in with both feet. So today is a random post. I plan to mark off at least five items on my memory list. Let's start with Women's Conference.

It is officially part of General Conference now. It is listed as the first session. It is a week earlier, but it is such a wonderful experience to go with my girls. We have still been going with the Keen's and that means dessert after. And if we have Esther, that usually means Menchie's. What a lovely group of gals. Especially you Robyn. Thank you for that face.


Speaking of Conference, we still have the wall. Ivory was steadily working her way through all the talks. I was very impressed. She earned her book from reading all the apostle talks, but she didn't stop there. I told her that if she read them all, I would take her out for dinner. When Robyn heard this she kicked it into high gear. It was close to the deadline, but she made it just in time. Here is our wall.


Two girls finished them all and we had an excellent dinner together. (Technically, I wasn't invited, since I didn't finish every talk...but someone has to drive.)


In the past, June has been our devoted Wall winner, but I believe with the addition of Personal Progress and her never ending homework, she just didn't have the time. But she did win an award of a different sort. In March, the Personal Progress leader came up with March Madness. (Well, I guess she didn't come up with that, but she adapted it to Personal Progress.) You could earn points in many different ways. June loves a competition. She threw herself into reading the Book of Mormon and read over a third of it by the end of the month, earning herself one of the trophies for March Madness.


June also got a haircut, but I forgot to take before and after shots. She did get quite a lot chopped off, but she still wears it in a ponytail most of the time, so it is hard to tell in pictures.

As for competition, I believe that all the girls have a streak or two of competitiveness in them. Take Crossy Road for instance. A simple video game, but it gets intense at our house. I can't even compete anymore. The score on the TV is too high. (I still hold the record on my phone...barely.) I believe Robyn is the current record holder. I know this because I found this picture on my phone. (It is important to document success...even trivial success.)


All of us made it to the dentist in the past two months. Luckily, 6 out of 7 of us had no cavities. That is pretty amazing. Only one little girl had a crooked smile this month. And it really isn't her fault. The dentist says that tooth is weaker than the others and will be more prone to cavities and eventually a crown someday. He says it won't be until she is an adult. Most likely, I can find some man to take her off my hands by then and pick up her dental bill. (Too bad braces won't wait until then.)


That's it for today. It is a start. Plenty more where that came from.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

I don't think I would have qualified to have dinner with you guys either. Thanks for keeping me up to date on what's going on for the girls. And I can guess where than competitive gene has come from!