Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Fuzzy Chick Post

Looking back at these pictures, I totally should have used one for the domestic bird photo. However, since I never actually submit any photos to the challenge, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Back in March, our home teacher came over one Sunday and brought along all his new chicks. They have chickens (no, they aren't the chicken neighbor either) and had bought some new ones at a good price.

The girls were thrilled to have a bucket of soft feathered friends to play with. All the chicks were very mild mannered birds; as birds go. We took turns passing them around and loving on them.






Please notice if you ever see a chicken upside down with its eyes closed, it is merely hypnotized. Drew and Jessica taught us how to do this by holding the bird on its back and spinning your finger around the bird's head. It eventually knocks them out.





Here is Robyn doing 'foreheads.' She does this with the dog all the time. It is similar with a chicken.








Here is the bird whisperer himself. Like I said, it has been awhile since we took these pictures. I couldn't remember any of the birds' names, but June helped me out and I think we got most of them correct.



Ivory finally hypnotized hers and put it on the ground to make it all official. (It is trickier to put them down without waking them up.)




Nothing quite as sweet as a dog and her chicken.


Except maybe the shoulder chicken. We believe it persuades June to do good.


They are birds, so they did poop some while we were holding them. Luckily (or unluckily) I was the only one who ended up with bird poop on me. One was sitting in my lap and got me, right on my Sunday dress. She will be the one to lay deviled eggs later in life.

As if the chicks weren't enough, Drew and Jessica even brought over cookies to celebrate Pearl's birthday. Are they the best or what?


Update: I asked Jessica about the chicks today. Turns out one was a rooster, so they will have to get rid of that one. Too bad, although I don't know which one it was.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

They are so cute - pity they have to grow up to be chickens - but you wouldn't get eggs otherwise. I think Dad had the idea that we should have chickens once - but I KNEW who would get stuck taking care of them. And we don't eat that many eggs. Love the hypnotized ones - does it work on full grown chickens too?