Tuesday, June 28, 2016

National, State, and Local Flowers

I knew what I wanted to photograph for this theme. I have had several kids go through Utah history in fourth grade and I know many of the state items by heart. (Well, probably not as many as I should.) Utah's state flower. Easy. The Sego Lily.

Although I didn't really know what the Sego Lily looks like. I noticed a lone lily in my neighbor's yard and I thought...what are the chances that is a Sego Lily? Turns out...not very good.

But I took a picture of my neighbor's lily and thought about the State Flower a lot. And I looked up pictures of it, so I now know what to identify in the future.

Here is a picture of a perfectly ordinary lily. You're welcome.





Next up: B&W - TEXTURE

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

Anytime you need to know a state flower - or state tree, state bird, state song for that matter - you know who to ask!