Friday, January 4, 2008

Eight Years!



I always liked getting married at the end of '99 because the year usually coincides with how long we have been married. So, here it is 2008 and we have been married for 8 years. It just seems like yesterday, and if I had the choice I would do it over and over again. Tyler is definitely the best thing that has ever come into my life.
We had a whirlwind courtship that only lasted two and a half months before we were engaged and then were were married a short time later. I wouldn't recommend this for everyone. We didn't get to know each other very well, but lucky us, we were perfect for each other.
And so, eight years later I want him to know that I still love him. In fact, I love him more than I did then, and it shocks me to think that next year I will love him even more. It was my year to plan our anniversary, but he doesn't like surprises or big elaborate schemes, so I kept it simple. We went to a movie in the morning (I am Legend) and then a movie and dinner in the evening (National Treasure 2 and Magelby's Oyster Grill --thanks ShiAnn). For anyone who knows us, this was actually a monumental event. We do NOT go see movies on the big screen. Tyler thinks it costs too much and it really does for us once you throw in a sitter, so we usually rent at Redbox. So it is possible that those two movies were the only ones we saw in a theater this year (Oh, I forgot about Shrek 3, but my friend Tricia got us tickets to see that for free-thanks). Then we came home and I did a little home spa for Tyler. I was going to take him to a real spa, but I decided to save some coin. But I soaked his feet, gave him a face mask and a long massage. And since he loves massages and loves to save money, I'm sure he was in some kind of Tyler heaven.



I know that I am posting a tad late since technically our anniversary was LAST year, but I just wanted a shout-out for my man. The best Raging Stallion there will ever be, and my best friend for life. I love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was "Some kind of wonderful." There's something to reading your significant other in a way that no one else can...and then doing the thing that, though unspoken, will bring that person great joy. Nice work, Maleen. 8 years looks good on you.

And incidentally, there are but few men in the world so raging in their stallion-ness that they can bear having a picture of them in the nude, in a face mask, on the internet. I happen to be one of those men.

Chelle! said...

You two are so dang cute!!! Happy Anniversary!!!

Sharona said...

Way to go you two! I love you both very much and it's is definitely true that 8 years and 3 kids looks fantastic on your wife TY - aka. ragin stallion! LOL...

Hugs and love,

Sharon

Grygla Family said...

8 years! Yeah. I thought we had hit a milestone at 6 years. Things are starting to slow down - lets plan on getting together sooner than later! toodles! and congrats.

Ker said...

WOW! 8 years huh! Congrats! And Maleen 8 years does look good on ya, And stallion--you look pretty alright too! you guys are awesome!

jennie said...

I love the idea of switching off years in planning the anniversary. That sounds like a great idea.
The other thing I love is that I can see a bit of a strappy little something on you Maleen. You go girl. Strappy little somethings are strappy BIG somethings on me right now, I am feeling large and in charge!