Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kids say the funniest things

I've told several people this story, but I love it so much that I need to write it down for posterity.
Many people have seen the way Tyler flips our girls. He does it more when they are younger, usually because they weigh less. This tends to frighten people out of their minds. Women are known to get faint or turn away looking queasy and even men get a little uncomfortable watching. I myself, am getting used to it. There are still moments when I say, "Oh, stop Tyler." But he is very careful. June and Robyn enjoyed and perhaps endured much of the flipping, but Ivory absolutely loves it. If he puts her down, she asks for more, and she holds her hands up to be picked up when he puts her down. She giggles as she flies through the air and there is no doubt that she can't get enough. I still tend not to watch.

So a few days ago, Tyler was flipping Ivory in the loft. I was not watching as usual, when suddenly I hear crying. I was not overly concerned since I know Tyler would never let serious harm come to the kids. I walked out and asked what happened.
"Well, she may have hit her feet. She bumped her feet on the floor and then stumbled forward," Dad explained.
She was wailing away so Tyler started to take her into the next room to calm her down. This is when June runs over to me, tugs on my arm and says,

"And when Dad says feet, he means head." (I should have been more concerned but it really just made me laugh)
I turned to Tyler who was quickly coming back to defend himself. "No, that's not right," says Dad.
"Yes, I was watching," June adamantly states.
"Well, she hit her feet and then stumbled onto her head a bit."

It was interesting watching the story unfold. There was no real damage to Ivory, but it was cute to see that her big sister was watching out for her.

6 comments:

¡Vieve! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelle! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maleen said...

Tyler IS honest. He only flips them while they like it, and he is very careful. I don't know if you realize how much he loves those girls. I've seen him hold them close and comfort them after they have been throwing up or when they are sad. He is the best Dad I have ever seen. So don't worry about my girls, they are in good hands, literally.

Anonymous said...

You see that, best Dad (she's) ever seen. *Pats self on back with good hands*.

Sharona said...

I LOVE reading about the going ons in your family. Look, in my opinion, Ty and Maleen are the best of the best. I love them...don't try to get buck with them or else...!

Deanne said...

June to the rescue! I grew up in a child throwing family, so I don't get so nervous about it. I'm sure your girls are in good hands.