Friday, January 11, 2008

Super Surprise!

Yesterday I had my first surprise party ever! Kari and Camille had heard that I have never had one and they were so sweet to get everything organized. I thought it was a normal evening. Kari invited us over for dinner and I packed up the kids and we walked down the street. Everything was as usual in the Wright home except for a whole bunch of people hiding in the kitchen. I never even saw it coming, but I think I must know how it feels to go to heaven now. There were all these people that I love, familiar faces from all over, and I realized they were there because they care for me too. It was a really cool feeling. Thanks everyone!
I don't have any pictures because I don't think many people bring cameras to their own surprise parties. Kari had some great shots of the evening and you can check it out on her blog. I got some great gifts and I don't ever really expect presents anymore. As I was telling Bro. Hawkes, I figure the good friends you have are the best gifts anyone could receive. And I certainly have some great friends.
I still don't really have words for the whole experience. Thank you to everyone!
Here are a few specifics
Tyler- For being the best friend ever and although you don't do surprise parties, I never expected you to. I love you just the way you are. Thanks for doing your part too.
Kari- Thanks for giving me my first ever surprise party! You are awesome.
Camille- Please teach me how to make a cake that beautiful (and sorry I couldn't blow all the candles out, I am a wuss). Thanks for being the wonderful you that you are.
Katie- Thanks for feeding my kids while I sat and gabbed and ate.
Tricia- Thanks for traveling the furthest and even on a school night.
Michelle- You are the trooperest of all! I can't believe you came even with a headache, true friendship.
Steve and Darin- Thank you for being patient while a whole room full of girls yakked! I guess I should include Bro. Hawkes, but he seems to fit in there somehow. But it was nice that you came regardless.
The Hawkes- You know my weakness (caramel corn) although Fiddle Faddle can never compare to the real stuff you make.
Vieve- Thanks for books, I love books. Did Tyler tell? And he appreciated the scream!
Erica- I'm still keeping the card in a safe place, you know I love it!
Deanne and Keri- It wouldn't be a party without you and I ate some Symphony today while I wore my warm socks :)
Martha- It was really nice to see you there although I secretly think Kari invited you to help her clean up :) You are a great friend to her and I'm glad I know you.
Eric- Are you the only one I am missing? Thanks for marrying Camille and letting my borrow her sometimes.

And everyone else who couldn't come. I still know you love me and you can drop your gifts by later (just kidding). Thanks for thinking of me though.

6 comments:

Wright Family said...

I thought I told you that you weren't allowed to blog about it...jk. I'm glad you had a good time and to know you are loved by many.

John DePalatis said...

Maleen Dargan. Will wonders never cease?

Chelle! said...

You are such an amazing person!!! I am glad that you had a fabulous birthday surprise. Having a headache took me a while to process every thing going on--even during Vieve's scream and the thing flying at me!!! Happy Birthday on the 15th!!! You are the best!!!

Deanne said...

I'm so glad you were surprised! Thanks for having a birthday!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good birthday you are awesome and you totally deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Hey i left the anonymous comment!
love, Camille