Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Birthday Bash!



We had a really good time for Ivory's birthday. I tend to not do much when they are little because they aren't going to remember but I must admit, this yearI was a real slacker. Tyler's mom usually comes and takes the birthday girl out for a day of shopping and fun. They get so much stuff it seems, that I don't need to do much besides make a cake. But this year, Vicki couldn't come (she's at Disneyworld), and I found that I was a little TOO reliant on her generosity. The day before Ive's birthday, I didn't have a single thing for her. So I ran to the store and I quickly remedied the situation. I got her four things and I let the other girls choose what they wanted to give her. I think it turned out well. Here she is opening presents (with a little help of course).



I also like to do a creative cake for birthdays. The girls look forward to having a surprise. I didn't have any great ideas, and Tyler said we should do cupcakes (because they are smaller) so I got on Family Fun and found these cute snowmen. I only made a handful and then gave the rest of the cupcakes away, because if you recall, Ivory's birthday was during sick week (they didn't need any more sugar, and I shouldn't have even given them these).



I think she enjoyed it though.



All in all, it was a good birthday. I like having quiet family moments. I know as they get older they will want more friends and to go to other places, but for now, I will treasure a sweet little birthday at home.

10 comments:

Vieve! said...

Those cupcakes look so adorable delicous-I might have to steal that idea for another time!

kari said...

I love how your such a great home maker. Those cupcakes were so cute. I wish I was more creative when it came to cooking.

Katie Phelps said...

She does look like she is enjoying it! Those look great.

buhlersdayoff said...

I love that she fits into those strawberry pants still. B has a pair just like them but grew out of them at 6 months! Cute little girl!!

Scott, Erin, & Ellie said...

I love those colorful blocks!!! Where did you get them? And the cupcakes, family fun is great - i really need to get a supscription. She sure looks like she felt loved - and isn't that all that matters?!?!? Ellie was sitting on my lap when I was looking at your blog and she kept pointing to Ivory - she loves other kids! We need to get together sometime! luvs.

Stacy said...

she looks just like your other girls, all adorable. I love the comments too (you mentioned in your last blog), thank you for always being so faithful in posting them, I know I can always count on you to check in.
PS...loving the cupcakes, I may have to steal the idea.

Deanne said...

How cute is she in her pigtails?!!! Happy Birthday, Ivory! Those snowmen are ADORABLE!!!

Jodi Fairbanks said...

Yeah for Ivory getting birthday gifts! I have to say that it is quite amazing how much hair your girls have! Each one gets those amazing locks by two! Oh and I must have missed your contest on the earlier post, but I hope I was entered and sad I didn't win!

Ker said...

Hey but I am glad that I won! And Happy #2 Ives! She is darling and I cant wait to see her in her new fancy shoes grandma got her. You did a fab job on her cute little party!

Hot Chocolate said...

Cute cupcakes! What a fun idea. And, yes, it looks like she enjoyed it. I love the picture of her with the open book...her little toes are so cute!