Friday, February 1, 2008

I Blame the Snow

So I have noticed some of you are as sick of the snow as I am. Yes I know it is good for the environment, but too much of a good thing...drives you crazy.
I have made peace with my children and although we miss playing outside we get along just fine indoors. You all know I am a lame mom in the winter because I don't like snow, but now I must admit that I am sometimes a lame mom in the summer because I am allergic to grass--so my kids are used to being inside. I do still let them play outside (I promise I am not a terrible mom, just lame.)
What I really don't like about this whole winter thing, is being cold. Sometimes I spend an entire day with the heat on and never warm up. My last resort is a hot bath and that will usually do the trick, but I have to wait until kids are in bed to get one of those. (No that is not my tub, although it's pretty huh?)



And then I have this embarrassing problem that my body can't stand hot water. Yes, I know I am an idiot. Even as I write this I feel like a fool. I take a hot bath to warm up and then I get HIVES from the hot water. I kid you not. I can't go in hot tubs because I get heat rash, and I if my bath water is too warm, I get it from that too.
So, I am all toasty warm as I write this, and my legs are itching like crazy from the hives on the back of my knees and around my ankles. Personally, I blame the snow!

6 comments:

Wright Family said...

I blame the snow too. It's been hard this winter for me too. I wouldn't mind letting my kids play in the snow but without the grass underneath it. It's just not that appealing to me. Once New Year's is over we need to just have snow in mountains and it should be nice 70 degree weather in the valley. Oh wouldn't that be nice.

Hot Chocolate said...

Wow! I'm so sorry! That is lame. At least you're warm...I guess. You should drink some hot chocolate.

Chelle! said...

I overheard someone commenting that this is almost as bad as the winter of 92--which I do not remember. But, if it is anything like they were describing...I will hibernate until it is over.

Ker said...

I guess I wont invite you to come over and hot tub!

¡Vieve! said...

I will also blame the snow! I can't believe how cold I am all the time, and the snow doesn't seem to be stopping! Curse you weather!

Deanne said...

I, too, blame the snow. For lots of things. I'm glad you're warm and toasty, but I'm sorry it's accompanied by hives.