Saturday, October 16, 2010

This is the Post That Never Ends

I feel like I have been talking about June and her birthday forever. And today I realized that I never posted pictures of her Color Me Mine trip. And so you get more. But this shows that I keep my promises which means that someday I really plan to post about Martin's Cove too. (See, I was waiting until winter time so you could get more of a feel for how it was for the Pioneers...does that sound believable?)

Anyway, June and I had a great time at Color Me Mine. I won't say it was the cheapest trip, but we always love the results. She takes painting very seriously.


She tried some new effects like the sponge this time.


Here is her finished product, pre-firing.


My favorite part of the whole experience was at the end. June was putting her name on the bottom of the piece. She was talking about where we would put it. She asked for it to go outside so the birds could enjoy it. Then she paused and said, "Could we put in on something, instead of hanging it?"

"Sure, " I said. "Why?"

"Because I don't want the birds to see the bottom."

 

Here is the finished product, post-firing.


I think she did a terrific job. Oh, and naturally I had to paint something too. I did a spoon holder for the stove.

If it weren't so expensive, I would definitely go more often. It sure is fun.

1 comment:

Scott and Svetlana said...

I love Color Me Mine. I remember when I was working at TNI in Riverwoods Crossing, we go to Color Me Mine on Wednesdays or something like that and paid only for the piece we colored, the "sitting' was free for girls or something like that. It was a lot of fun.
Isn't that amazing that pre-finished products are not as bright as when it it is finished? I think you better open your birdy-real estate again!!! It looks awesome!