Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wordy Wednesday

I have lots of random mini-posts in my brain and they need to get out.


June has been saying a lot of funny things recently that really make me laugh. We were discussing eternal judgment at scripture study and I was trying to make the point that only the Savior could judge us, but I must have worded it wrong because she took her job seriously.

Me: June, can you judge me and tell me where I will go after I die?

June: Well, I think you will go to heaven, but I'm really not sure.

Well, maybe she will put in a good word for me once we get up there.




Yesterday we were reading about Hippopotamuses and how there are only two kinds; the common Hippopotamus and the Pygmy Hippopotamus. I told her how pygmy means small, like a smaller version of whatever you are talking about.

Me: In fact, there are even pygmy people.

June: Oh, you mean like Jake.

June talks about her friend Jake all the time, but has never mentioned his height. Poor short kid. I feel for you.




There are a few things that I like to eat that no one else in the family enjoys. One such thing is rice pudding. I don't make it often, but when I have leftover rice, it seems like a good idea. Then of course I have to eat the entire thing myself. So yes, I had six helpings yesterday and I plan on finishing it today. I really need to find a friend who likes rice pudding.




I have found Daisy's calling in life. She can open anything. ANYTHING, I tell you. I am going to rent her out to the FBI or the CIA. I am sure they can use that talent somewhere. Recent accomplishments include opening a new lipgloss still wrapped in plastic, finding, opening, and stealing candy from June's treat box several times, getting into a cooler (which I watched Ivory try to get into for ten minutes without success) and disassembling a pair of nail clippers. I don't know how she got them apart and I'm not sure I can put them back together. Impressive I tell you. Oh, and when she is being helpful, she can unload the whole dishwasher by herself (putting the silverware in the right spots) and she can fold washcloths like a pro.

When she is not being destructive, and sometimes when she is, you can find her singing. It is this cute babbling singing that sounds just like Boo in Monsters Inc. I love it. Although I spend an exorbitant amount of time cleaning up after her, I can't get enough of her giggles and hugs. She is such a sweetie.



I ordered another blog book yesterday. I am caught up through the middle of this year. I love that feeling. Now, scrapbooking is another matter. NOT caught up with that.




I have been wanting to make an apron for some time, since they sell such cute ones at the Mall. I even went as far as getting a pattern, but when it comes to sewing, I am a super slug. (Hence the three years it took me to hem those pants.) BUT, I saw these aprons-in-a-bag so to speak. They had all the pieces for you and simple instructions. I whipped it up during one of Pearl's naps. So you know it had to be easy.


I am fairly impressed with the finished product. Here is Robyn wearing it after I put the pocket on. (Okay, so the pocket didn't get finished during Pearl's nap, but the rest did, so I call it good.)




Oh, and about the throwing up. I guess I wasn't very clear in that other post who threw up. It was Pearl that day, but almost everyone had a go. It started on the ninth with Daisy and Ivory. The next week Tyler and June had hurty tummies while Pearl was the only one to throw up. Robyn didn't get it until this last Monday night. It seems to come on rather abruptly while they are sleeping so everyone has thrown up on themselves, and their pillows. Sadly, we don't have plastic pillow covers right now (we used to, but the zippers broke) so Tyler has been trying to wash the pillows. Robyn's down pillow did not do well in the wash. Tyler tried to put it soaking wet in the dryer and it sounded like the dryer was having conniptions. So we went down together to retrieve the contents. I noticed that everything was drenched, so I told him he should at least wring out the laundry before putting it back in the dryer. Here, hold this, he said, handing me the pillow. The thing weighed like 50 pounds. I about threw out my back trying to lift it back into the washer so it wouldn't leak all over the floor. I thought that would make an excellent headline: WOMAN THROWS BACK OUT LIFTING A PILLOW.



Anyway, enough wordiness for now? I really should be saving these mini posts for November when I plan to try blogging every day again, but I am sure there will be more by then. Ta ta.

No comments: