Saturday, December 4, 2010

The 2010 Internet Team Christmas Card

I was commissioned by the team to create a memorable Christmas card to represent our team to our clients. This is what I came up with. I love it when I impress myself with my own work. For those who know the backstory, this picture has a LOT of intentionally included masked meaning. For those who don't know the backstory, you may as well make it up and post it in the comments. It gives me good creative avenues to for future stories (i.e. embellishments) of life.

Special thanks to Mark Simpson who sponsored the Legos used in this production. (The lawyers tell me I have to put this in: "Please note that no Legos were harmed in the making of this Christmas Card.")

Production kudos go to Costco for the amazing print deal I got from their online photo lab. I printed 75 with envelopes for $21.88. To appease the math nerds, and for the mathematic aid of anyone interested, that works out to just over 29¢ per card! Ya, baby!


And yes, my name tag has the number "24601." Most the readers of this blog will know what that means. If you don't, Google it.



6 comments:

Maleen said...

Ha. I hadn't seen the 24601, or the finished product. I'm impressed as always, and maybe more so than other people, because I saw all the work that went into it and the process from start to finish. You are so the coolest. Oh, and hot. Did I mention that?

¡Vieve! said...

That card is so funny - good work!

Chelle! said...

These cards are awesome!!! Great work!!

mh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aubry Macbean said...

I always love when a post inspires singing. I was in that play in high school. One of my favorites.

The Simpson Times said...

Great card, Tyler! We looked at it a couple weeks ago but didn't comment at the time! Mark said "thanks for the shout-out....now, can I get my Legos back" (just kidding). Don't think he has forgotten you have them though, he does have his inventory list!