Friday, May 27, 2011

Because Braces Weren't Enough

Notice anything new?


Yep, June needs glasses. This is not at all surprising to me considering the long history of bad eyesight that runs in BOTH of our families. I would not be shocked to see many more Cazier girls sporting this look in the future.


I think she is cute, and I am certainly glad she can see better. When we took her in for her eye exam, she couldn't read the fourth line. Now, she can stop going up to the board at school to read things the teacher writes.


She seems to be taking everything in stride, considering all the changes she has gone through recently. Here she is showing you that the gold band matches her gold glasses. (And yes, the other rubberband is purple, matching her purple glasses.)


She is still trying to get used to the feel of them on her nose and ears. She told me this morning, "My ears don't like them, and my nose doesn't like them. The only thing that likes them is my eyes. But that makes it worth it."

3 comments:

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Cute glasses! She sure is growing up. I have to agree it does feel strange to wear glasses & contacts too. That's good that she's handling it all well. I can totally see Tyler in her in the last photo. It's cool seeing pictures of your kids, I can see you and Tyler in all of them.

meganmushrat said...

I can remember very clearly when I got my first pair of glasses. I couldn't believe that people could see that clearly. All the way home I was making comments like "I can see the leaves on the trees!" and "I can see the cracks in the sidewalks". Going from blurry to clear is awesome. I can totally relate!

¡Vieve! said...

Glasses are for cool people! She looks cute in them!