Saturday, May 28, 2011

Coach Pitch

This summer I was looking for something to keep the girls busy, but wouldn't break the bank at the same time. I stumbled across Coach Pitch, which is basically one step up from T-ball. I was trying to explain to the girls last night that it is nice baseball. 


Everyone gets to hit, and run around the bases. They don't keep score, although I have heard that the really competitive parents still keep track in their heads. (Hah.) They get team shirts and hats, and they get a taste for the game. What more could you ask for? 


Robyn got a good hit.



June did a great job too.



They both got to take a turn at catcher. (Doesn't June look cute with her baseball hat and glasses? Okay, maybe it is hard to see her glasses, look closely.)



Here is Robyn running home. 



The other girls seemed to enjoy watching. 




Okay, not Pearl. She was cranky, but I attribute that to three new teeth coming in at once (she always gets them in sets) and maybe an ear infection?


The team was so cute, although the shirts are way too big on all the kids. June could put a belt on hers and wear it as a dress. (Yes, I ran over to get a picture, but none of the kids were looking at me. I'm sure I'll catch them again at some later date.) It's a regular Sandlot.



Oh, one last picture...I thought they were pretty cute giving their high fives at the end. Good game, good game. And it really was.


Three cheers for softball! 

3 comments:

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Cute girls! How fun for them. That's great that Ivory and Daisy had fun watching too. Poor Pearl, hopefully she'll be finished getting them in quickly! Looks like there aren't too many girls on the team. It's great when girls do sports. I'm putting my girls in some sporty stuff this year too. Madison- basketball and track & field. Bailee- an intro into tennis, soccer, softball & basketball (it's called itty-bitty ball). GO GIRLS!!!

¡Vieve! said...

Oh my heck, I love watching little kids play ball! What a fun thing for your girls to do!

Emma Jo said...

We desperately need some team sports that don't cost an arm and a leg. So cute.