Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ah, the Randomness of My World

So, I am not sure where to start today, so you just get the randomness in random order. (I think that is how it prefers it, after all.)

Let me introduce you to Rocket. She comes with her own jet-pack, 


and helmet. 


She explores the universe and stretching out clothes apparently, but since they were pajamas, her mother didn't mind. She is one cute astronaut.



Baby birds have come to our yard. I am not sure where they came from and it was kind of hard to identify them in the beginning. It was just one bird, at first. One little fluffy bird that sat and didn't really go anywhere. We thought maybe it had a hurt wing. But it turns out it was just hanging out waiting for dinner from Mom. Oh, and there are two of them.


They are more like tween birds than babies. They fly just a tiny bit and today we finally saw them scavenge some food on their own. Mother Robin has been busy though. We see her fly back and forth, feeding these babies of hers. I am very impressed. And somehow they manage to stay out of sight during the day while the dog and kids roam about and then at dusk, they wander around the back yard while we ooh and aah. Today they had more color and less fluffiness. My guess, they won't be here much longer, but it was beautiful to see nature at work.

Pearl is cute, although less cute when she is cranky. (But, aren't we all?) I put an animal in a basket for her the other day and she quickly decided that Claire deserved the coveted position. She dragged that bear around for quite a while. Cute stuff.


Camille came over a while back and taught the girls, Going on a Treasure Hunt, which is this little game you play on someone's back. The girls love it and ask for it all the time. I thought I would write it down so we can remember it some day.

Going on a treasure hunt
X marks the spot
Four big boulders
And one little dot
Spiders crawling up your arms
Blood dripping down your back
Tight squeeze
Cool breeze
Now you have the chills


My favorite is that Daisy calls it, Treasure Humpt. She can almost repeat the whole thing herself. It is these small moments that I want to remember.

3 comments:

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

That's great that you catch the randomness and post it to remember.

Shawn, Ashlee and Addison said...

I know "Going On A Treasure Hunt." Only instead of "chills," we always said "shiveries(even though it's not a word)" so it rhymed!

¡Vieve! said...

I always loved doing "Going on a Treasure Hunt"! I always did it to siblings during church. Looking back, that's probably not the best place to be doing it at.