Monday, May 2, 2011

Slightly Tired...No...Make that Really Tired

I have found myself behind again, but when it is one woman against the world (and by world, I mean five girls) I am not surprised that I can't do it all. And really, it all keeps happening anyway, I just haven't been taking pictures and blogging about it.

Like yesterday when we all curled up on the patio to soak up the warmth from the bricks. That was a sweet simple moment. But I was too busy keeping my cheek to the bricks and away from the ants to worry about the camera.

Or recently when June dressed up like an Indian, or should I say dressed down like an Indian. I am not sure where she gets the idea that Indians (sorry, Native Americans) wore loin cloths that only covered the front. (Sorry Deanne for the many sitings of June's underwear the other evening.) She later dressed all the kids as Indians and I forgot to take pictures, but I am very impressed at all the feathers she has been saving from who knows where.

Then of course there is this last weekend when our ward hosted a talent night and I participated in a skit that left me covered in chocolate pudding. Sorry, my better half was at super cross or I would have some pictures of that. Although, if Chelsea is to be trusted, there may be a video on the internet soon, which would make up for no pictures. So, don't lose hope yet, all those of you who want to see me slathered in moisturizer, mascara, and chocolate pudding...all at the same time.

This evening we went to see some old friends. (I mean, they are the same age as us, but we haven't seen them in a while. Although I am feeling old tonight, so maybe that isn't a bad description.) They had us over for FHE, and our only job was to bring dessert. I made caramel pecan rolls. Yum. However, apparently if you double the caramel and put them in a shallow bar pan, what you get is a smoking oven. Which is even more embarrassing when it isn't your own oven, or your own house that fills up with smoke. Needless to say, our friends, the Mason's, were very forgiving, and fortunately have a self-cleaning oven. But did I think to bring the camera? NO! Even foggy pictures would have been better than none.

But, I don't want to leave you with no pictures, so here are some lovely side-walk chalk drawings that did not survive the snow we had last week. But they will live forever here.

The Star:



Rosalinda:



Another Art From Nature: (Such clever titles, these.)



Osga: (pronounced oh'-suh-guh)



Blue Bell:



Rainbow Dash:



and Dinda: (Gotta love grey on grey.)



What I love most about the way my kids do chalk is that they get the color into every crack. When I draw on the sidewalk, it isn't so vivid, because I don't take the time to get the color saturated. The best part of these drawings is that they kept the kids busy for over an hour on Sunday while Tyler and I napped.

Now that is a good memory!!!

5 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Like most child-things, I have a love hate relationship with sidewalk chalk. I LOVE the creativity, hate the fact that I just have to assume baths and lots of laundry.
Tired is not all that great but at least its tired from fun stuff, mostly.

Deanne said...

No problem about the undie sightings. I was impressed at her outfit (and if we're being honest, the Native Americans weren't super modest from behind either). I love the sidewalk art. Sunday naps are the best!

Rynell said...

I am tired too. Now my big goal for today is a nap!

Suzie Petunia said...

Such glorious art! I love the vivid colors and the descriptive titles! I'm dying to know where "Rosalinda" came from? She sure can shimmy!

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Your kids are so creative, I love the sidewalk art, beautiful! Soaking up the sun on the warm bricks sounds heavenly! I'm amazed at all that you do. :)