Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How You Know if Your Pants are Old and Other Stories

My parents sent me some clothing to mend as a Christmas gift to them. Since I am NOT the most excellent sewer and certainly not mender, they are taking a risk, but they are usually easily pleased. (Thank goodness.) I was working on hemming a pair of my Dad's pants when the label caught my eye. Go ahead...you can read it too.


If the maker of these pants is telling you to air dry them away from the sun, and questioning whether you even own a dryer, I would say these are some pretty old pants. So kudos Dad that you can still fit into them. That must be saying something.

Oh, and I hemmed them without a machine. It seemed the right thing to do since they were possibly assembled by hand anyway. Not perfect, put pretty darn good.



Pearl is turning into a bully. She picks on Daisy constantly. Mainly because she knows she can get a rise out of Daisy. I am having a hard time not giving Daisy the advise to push Pearl down a few times to put her in her place. (That doesn't seem like good parenting.)

Pearl knows she is being a stink-pot. In fact, she gets this sneaky, taunting face when she knows she is up to no good. Kind of like this face here. (When I had already asked her multiple times to leave Daisy alone in the tub.)



This picture brings back good memories.


June requested that we list 100 things we are thankful for as advised in the December Ensign. They broke it down into ten categories so it was easy to accomplish.

Take a Gratitude Challenge

Let’s not just talk about counting our blessings—let’s do it! Write a list of 100 things you are thankful for. If that sounds like it is too many, try this:
  1. Write 10 physical abilities you are grateful for.
  2. Write 10 material possessions you are grateful for.
  3. Write 10 living people you are grateful for.
  4. Write 10 deceased people you are grateful for.
  5. Write 10 things about nature you are grateful for.
  6. Write 10 things about today you are grateful for.
  7. Write 10 places on earth you are grateful for.
  8. Write 10 modern inventions you are grateful for.
  9. Write 10 foods you are grateful for.
  10. Write 10 things about the gospel you are grateful for.
When we make a list like this, we discover that a list of 100 doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of all the things God has given us.



I had the hardest time thinking of ten deceased people. Santa and the Tooth Fairy kept popping into my head. And as far as I know, they are still alive...

Anyway, it was  fun activity and I like that the girls got involved.

4 comments:

Emma Jo said...

At least it didn't call for a wringer. Awesome. And well done on the hemming.

Deanne said...

Look at you, you little seamstress! Well done. Pearl's face is classic...and I'm hoping it's normal for siblings to want to taunt each other because it happens almost daily here. We're still working on it. I LOVE the gratitude list. We will be doing that for Family Home Evening in the near future.

¡Vieve! said...

I want to try to see who I put on this list. I'll be taking a crack at it. That face of Pearl is so cute there.

Scott and Svetlana said...

that tag was really questioning abilities, LOL. You are such a good daughter!
Pearl's face is so sneaky cute :) Love it. ;)