Friday, January 27, 2012

The Last Domino Fell


I really thought we were free and clear. But alas, Daisy succumbed this afternoon. Poor thing. And now that every child has had a turn, I am much more appreciative of the ones who threw-up in plastic covered beds versus on the computer and carpet. Trust me, I don't make any child feel bad for where they throw up; I just like it more when they hit an easily washable surface.

The saddest part was that Daisy also threw up on her new Dora book. She takes it everywhere and when I'm not reading it to her, she reads it to herself. I rinsed it off, thinking that water damage was better than vomit, but we will see how it dries.

Pearl's new favorite word is Dora. She sings and babbles it all over the house. "Dohwa, Dohwa!" It is pretty cute and tonight she even said, "Furby" (Wait, have I mentioned Furby before? Well, if not, too bad. I'm not in the mood for that tangent. We'll discuss Furby at another time.)

Other funny things said recently:

Me: Ivory, your blankets are in the dryer. You will probably be asleep by the time they are dry, but I will bring them up to you.

Ivory: Just put them right on my head.

(She does like to sleep with her blankets on her head.)
______

(I really like Fig Newtons and we usually have them on hand. I was snacking on them by the computer and Daisy saw me.)

Me: Would you like a Fig Newton?

Daisy: No, that is not their name...they are BIG Newtons.

(I should really try to enunciate around here.)
______

(Tonight we were eating a pomegranate. Dad likes to take big bites, sucking out all the juice and spitting out the seeds. June likes to squeeze all the seeds out onto her plate and then eat them. I pick individual seeds out and then spit them out. June was watching me quizzically.)

June: I'm not sure about the way you are eating them. It is kind of like Dad's way and kind of like mine.

Me: It just seems easier to me.

June: Dad's way is gross.

Me: Your way is messy.

June: Then your way is gross AND messy.

(Ha, you got me there.)
______

Lastly, I got my Valentine's stuff out after Tyler's birthday. I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's in general, (Tyler is pretty good about showing love year round.) but there is something about hearts, pink, red, and white that makes me smile. Here are some of my favorite things around the house.



This one I forgot that I bought on sale last year after the holiday. I pulled them out and it was like a mini-present to myself. And I love how simple they are next to the curtains, but how cute.



Happy Valentine's Day. (Or should I say...Happy pink hearts and stuff.)

2 comments:

Scott and Svetlana said...

Poor little kiddo. Well, it sounds like the yakky part should be out of your way, hopefully for long :)
Pink and heart stuff looks amazing! I actually think I might do something too in our home (besides "major" s ongoing remodeling there have to be something pretty to rest my eyes on).

¡Vieve! said...

Those house decorations are so cute! I keep thinking I should decorate for Valentines Day. This may have convinced me.