Friday, January 20, 2012

The Missing Cake

Today is Tyler's Birthday. Happy Birthday sweetie!! This post isn't for you....yet. Your birthday isn't over yet. I may still take more pictures.

But I am feeling guilty that I had a great birthday and never posted my own thoughts. I had a whole birthday WEEKEND. Friday night, lots of ladies came over for Girls Night In. (Lots of laughs, including many chuckles over me ordering Tyler to get chairs for us. You kinda had to be there.)

Saturday, I was kidnapped by wonderful friends who then proceeded to not talk to me in the car while I remained blindfolded for a loooooong time. (Well, almost any amount of time seems long when you have a blindfold on.) They would clap when I voiced a question with a positive answer, but other than that...not so many clues. It is hard to keep a one-man conversation going for long. But I was thrilled to have lunch with Kari, Camille, Jenaca, Becca, Aubry, Tricia, and Caitlynn. (I know there were a lot of others who would have liked to have come. I love you all too.)

Then of course on Sunday I was showered with more love. You saw the gifts from these cuties.


I sometimes make a cake for myself, but I didn't bother this time around, because I had more dessert than I could stuff myself with at one sitting. All from one family. Shari was so nice to make me cheesecake. (She knows my weakness.) But then her stellar husband (who happens to be our home teacher) brought chocolate cake as well. Everything was devoured eventually and this was all I had to show for it; a stack of dishes I need to return.


No candles for me this time around. So, yay, I didn't spit on anyone's dessert this year.

Ivory and I did a little photo session a few days before my birthday. Here you can catch a rare glimpse of me right before 33 overtook me.



I felt really loved this birthday. I have great family and friends. I hope Tyler has a good day as well. He deserves some birthday splendor too. (Especially after I beat him at laser tag.)

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

All those desserts sound delicious! Lucky!

meganmushrat said...

I swear, Maleen, you get prettier the older you get. I love the picture of you with the camera. You look so classy with that necklace and the way you have your hair done. Hope we'll have a chance to visit you sometime this year!