Tuesday, August 7, 2007

American as Apple Pie

A friend of mine recently had a baby (number 4). I went to visit and she has some fruit trees in the back that she is not harvesting since she has her hands full. She sent me home with about 50 plums and two dozen apples. I figured there was no way to eat all this fruit, especially before we leave this weekend, so I decided to make an apple pie. I have never made one before. It didn't look too bad when it was finished (if I do say so myself).


I didn't think our family would make it through the whole thing, so I took it to Tyler's work so he could share it with the internet team. I dropped off the girls and pie and made a quick trip to the library to grab some new books for the upcoming trip. This is what I came back to.



Seriously, they didn't even save me a piece. Tyler just said, "Well, there are nine guys, we didn't even get that big of slices." Oh, I feel really bad said the girl who made the pie and didn't get to try it. I guess it couldn't have tasted that bad, but I would have liked to know for myself.

Okay, after all the nice comments I have received from the internet team, I should mention to my readers that the guys didn't know they were supposed to save me a piece, or I am sure they would have. After all, I think Tyler works with some of the best guys out there. Here's a shout out to the internet team (Arthur, Brandon, Cody, James, Jared, Jeff, Josh, Troy, and Tyler (sorry hun, you come last alphabetically).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pie was delish. We were happy to consume the entire thing, licking our fingers as we handed the pie dish back. Thank you, little red hen, thank you, thank you. That was tasty.

Anonymous said...

Man, that pie was WONDERFUL. Crust was perfect too. So, where's the pix of the other pies??? I mean, c'mon...nobody ever makes just '1' pie...I mean...did you really expect there to be anything left after dropping a homemade apple pie off in a room full of males?....good pie though

Anonymous said...

The pie was very good!! The raisins were a nice addition I've never had before!! Well done!! However, among a bunch of males is the worst place (for you anyway) to place a pie without first taking some for yourself!!

Anonymous said...

Kinda like throwing a deer carcass to a pack of 9 ravenous wolves and expecting there to be something left...sorry! :o{

The pie was awesome though! Excellent crust! THANK YOU!

Brandon said...

If you dropped a pie out of an airplane window what do you think it's terminal velocity would be? What if it struck someone? Would it kill them?

By the way, that was an amazing pie!
Thank you.

Deanne said...

It looked delicious, and to tell you the truth, now I'M feeling left out. Maybe you could make another one...in your spare time. I promise I'll share with you.

Ker said...

Well maybe you could just make one and share it with us at girls night out! I'll call Jod and we can plan it. I'll even bring the vanilla ice cream!

Jodi said...

You are amazing Maleen! I want some pie! I made my first apple pie over Thanksgiving last year, it does give you a great sense of accomplishment! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Maleen, It is camille! I am trying to get ahold of you on your vacation. Your house keys do not work, and I can't get into your back door cause you locked it. So we can't feed your fish unless there is another way to get in. I am so sorry! I hope you see this and call me back soon!