Sunday, August 19, 2007

Part of the Family

Anyone who knows June well, probably knows about Foot. Foot is June's bear. He used to be 'Bear' but after her attempt at naming things a couple of years ago, he became Foot and that is his name now. He is loved in a way that I may never understand. Children often have a special bond with a certain object or toy. But because he is so special, it really scares me that he will get lost. June begged to take Foot with us to California, and I finally agreed that he could come but he had to stay in the car, no matter what. So she wasn't able to sleep with him at night which saddened her. And I knew this week that she was going to Idaho. I figured it was time to take action to help Foot have a "voice" in case he went missing. So I took June to Wal-mart and together we made an I.D. tag for him. Now he will have a better chance of rejoining our family if we misplace him. So to all you moms out there, if you ever find a blanket or toy with a name on it, please try to find the owner, because I know that we would appreciate the same thing for our Foot. After all, he is part of the Family.

4 comments:

buhlersdayoff said...

That is so adorable. It is so cute to me when they have something that they are totally attached to...I guess it is not so cute when they are like Mike and are still attached to a blanket j/k!!! You have some darling girls!!!

Deanne said...

What a great idea! I promise to send him back if he ends up at our house!

Jodi said...

I love this idea- we also have a very dear friend name Little Bear (not quite as original as Foot)! I am sure that this idea will come in to play down the road!

Wright Family said...

What a good idea! Though I don't think it would work for my boys. It's a little hard to put tag like that on ball, lego or rock.