Saturday, August 18, 2007

Day 5 & 6

After Fete Day, things slowed down quite a bit so I am combining two days because there isn't as much to say. I know every day in the Cazier household is practically a party, but I'll save you all the boring details. Tuesday was mostly hanging out at Tim and Jeannie's, letting the kids play together and getting a last smack down game of Scotch Bridge. I started miserably, but fought my way back to second place. The master of all games, Tim, took the win (he would tell you that is normal-- The rest of us might disagree). Wednesday we finally made it to the pool.



The girls would pass it every morning on the way to breakfast and June said one morning, "I don't think I can stand another minute not being in the pool." So of course, we needed to go. The girls loved the jacuzzi, because they could stand on the steps and it wasn't too deep. Timmy and my mom joined us and we had a few rousing games of Alligator, Alligator, What Time Is It?



Ivory enjoyed the water for a while and then decided she was done. She looks pretty wasted on the bench there.




Tyler enjoys a nice dip in the jacuzzi as well. Looking pretty hot in the pink donut.

We didn't get over to Tim and Jeannie's until late in the afternoon but we made it in time to go to Ethan's soccer practice. He is quite good for being four. Tyler found a little lizard while we were there. It was the length of your thumb maybe and it was so cute. June was carrying it around everywhere and it was crawling up her arms and across her shoulders. We named it 'Charlie' but we released him back into the wild because he will be happier there. I would have taken pictures but we "forgot" the camera. Actually Tyler "lost" the camera at the pool, but we didn't know that until someone returned it to us the next morning. Thank goodness for honest people.

And while I am talking about California, can I just tell you how much I love the weather in Santa Rosa? The mornings are cool and then the mist burns off to a nice sunny day and eventually everything cools back down in the evening. It is so refreshing. I don't know if I would give up the Utah weather mystery where at any moment the weather could be completely different, but it was nice to experience the CA climate.

5 comments:

Ker said...

OK Ty needs some sun on those lily white legs, and love the donut. LOL. Remind him that "Raging stallions dont don pink. Still LOL.
You guys rock! Never a dull moment. (hmmmm...kind of like us, maybe thats why we like you so much!)

Deanne said...

What a fun vacation! I love that June said that she couldn't stand one more minute in the pool! She knows how to get things done! The weather sounds heavenly!

Anonymous said...

Ker, for your information, ONLY "Raging Stallions" can do pink—no other men are comfortable enough with their manliness to run out in a pink anything. I'm a proud, pink "Raging Stallion." Anyhow, I thought it looked good on me. And the sun comment...I agree with.
Maleen didn't mention in the post that during soccer practice I hung out with the kids over at the playground portion of the park. I rescued a swing from a high-school prank. Someone had looped the swing through itself over the top of the bar—obviously no kids were going to be swinging on that one. So, the do gooder (PINK and MANLY) Raging Stallion dutifully climbed to the dizzying height of the swingset, shimmied upside-down across the poll navigating through the chains of the other swings, freed the swing with one hand while barely managing to cling to the oily swing set top with only the little toes of my right foot, and finally repelled down the rearranged swing to safety below—and the shouts and hail of applause from the onlooking Californians, awed by my presence.
I also had a great time yakkin' up missionary work with a self-proclaimed agnostic named Kevin. He likes us Mormons and had plenty to talk about. Anyway, that rounds out the post.

Maleen said...

Sorry I missed some hun. Thanks for keeping it straight

Ker said...

Stallion- you are awesome-maybe we should name you "Super Raging Stallion" instead of the "Pink" raging stallion!