Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Day 3

Sunday was fantastic. I feel strongly that we should take the girls to church even when we are on vacation. And Tyler's best friend from his childhood lives just outside Santa Rosa. So we drove the 15 minutes down and went to church with them in the morning. They have nine o'clock church like we do, but that wasn't hard to make (Ivory is still an early riser regardless of her bedtime). The hotel we are staying at here has a continental breakfast in the morning, and I think we are spoiled by all the choices. At home you get cereal and that's usually it, but the girls have really enjoyed the waffles and danishes. June is a syrup hog. For a whole waffle, she probably asks for more syrup 15 times as she likes to dip her pieces.



Church was great but there was a marked difference between their ward and ours. Namely, children. When it was time for sacrament, it was SOOOO quiet! I felt like I needed to sit on my children, because they were the only ones making noise. And it wasn't as if they were rowdy, you could just hear a pin drop. But there were definitely less children than I am accustomed to. The Primary teacher told me that June was very cute. She raised her hand and asked, "Are there any more kids in my class?" (It was her and one other boy). No they said, but your teacher is coming soon. Church was great regardless and I enjoyed being in Relief Society.



Afterwards we went and just hung out with Mark and Stacie. They are the kind of people that you could just talk to forever and I am very saddened that we don't live closer. And I am kicking myself that we forgot the camera at the hotel, so you will just have to imagine a cute couple.




Ivory took a good nap and then we had to be off since we had family in town :) We went back to have dinner with Tim and Jeannie but my great uncle was there as well. Jim Haire (my grandmother's brother) and his friend Tim Cole were visiting and it was great to see them. Because of the distance, these are people we see about every five years. The last time we saw them, we didn't have children, so you can imagine our family looked a bit different this time.



Tim (right) and Jim (left) with Jeannie and me in the background.
Timmy and Ethan
Uncle Tim and my Dad
Erin
My parents
We had a splendid dinner and then all the kids played together while we played Scotch Bridge. It is a family favorite. I pride myself that I only missed one bid and came in second, but I have to give some amazing credit to Jim. He never missed a bid and stole the win. Who knew he was such a contender. There is nothing so great as just hanging out with family. It was a great day and it was important to get a good night's sleep, because tomorrow was Fete Day (to be continued)...

4 comments:

Ker said...

Ok so you need to teach me how to play scotch bridge- You know the Scoresby's--"Big Gamers!"

Deanne said...

It's so great to get together with family and friends! And, I'm pretty sure I put the wrong date for fete day on my blog. I put the 18th, because it sounded right. What is the official date?

Maleen said...

The 16th, but no worries. Thanks for putting all the rules on your site--very helpful. Have fun tomorrow!

Maleen said...

Ker, we should totally play Scotch Bridge. We'll add it to the list of Girls Night Out stuff, or we'll have you and Steve over.