Friday, August 17, 2007

Day 4 --FETE DAY!!!

For those of you who have no idea what Fete Day is, please check out Deanne's site because she does a great job describing all the rules. And as for the specific day? It is supposed to be the 16th, but this year we moved it to the 13th (always a flexible holiday). We drew names in advance and everyone was ready with their gifts and clothing. This year was BLUE, and we had so much fun. I took a picture of the kids first thing in the morning, aren't they cute?

The day was really relaxed. We decorated and played. As you know we are supposed to have an activity and we decided since we have lots of little kids, we would go to a park that had water and a train. The train wasn't working that day, but I don't think the kids missed out on any of the fun. I apologize about all the pictures. I tried to figure out how to do the slide show, but I haven't mastered it. Instead, I just left a lot of my favorites out. So here are some of the ones that made the cut.




The rope bridge was a favorite. Everyone took a turn crossing it and some of us were better than others (you know who you are :) The pig with June cracks me up. Who looks happier to you?




Check out these cuties, Erin and Ivory


And of course, Tyler being serious as always

We had a blast. Tyler and I even had a contest to see who could climb the rope tower. The pictures tell it better than I can. My theory of climbing to the middle and going up from there was not the best tactic. I may have gotten stuck somewhere in the middle. It wasn't a contest (at least not a close one).



We came back for the opening of presents and once again you only get a few of the best pictures. The decorations were fabulous (thanks to Jeannie and Mom) and the cake, well it was simply delicious.



And we almost forgot about photographing the cake, but that may be the most important part.



So a fabulous holiday all around. And you know it has to be good when you get injured and the day is still wonderful. I burned my arm and sliced into my finger, and I still thought it was a splendid day (Tyler should know by now not to let me play with knives). I congratulate myself once again on coming up with Fete Day. Feel free to steal it for your family as well. And don't be fooled, this holiday may be for the young, but it also for the young at heart. Here are a few of my favorite grown-ups who will always play with us. We never get old if we remember to laugh and have fun.

5 comments:

Ker said...

Im totally doing "Fete" day next year! Looks like a blast! Are you home yet?

Anonymous said...

Ker, Maleen's home...give her a call.
For the record, all you Fete-Dayers, you should photograph your children neatly dressed in their Fete Day attire before they go to breakfast and spill syrup all over their beautiful clothing. Fete Day was a blast—must have been one hot chick that come up with that idea...Oh yeah, it was.

Deanne said...

Yay! Tonight will be my first time celebrating, and I am SO excited! I will be sure to clear up the date as the 16th on my blog. My sister offered to host this year, since I think she sensed I was a little burned out getting ready for company. She has taken the Fete Day ball and run with it! She also chose BLUE! We have our gifts ready, and we are all psyched! Doesn't it give you butterflies to imagine that someday this will be an international sensation, and YOU, my friend, Maleen, will be written in the history books as the inventor of this fabulous holiday!!!

Maleen said...

I wouldn't go that far, but if it makes a few families happy, I will feel like I have succeeded. Thanks for your boost of confidence!

buhlersdayoff said...

I love the idea!! Maybe one day we will jump into the crowd and celebrate it as well. Mike has decided that there is a holiday in August because it has the opening day of the Bow Hunt but I would like something a little more family oriented!!