Sunday, August 19, 2007

Day 7 The End

The last day was saying goodbye and a lot of driving, but there were a few things I think that need to be mentioned. The first is just how weird Tyler is. If you know my husband, this will seem exactly like him. He put the passenger seat down, put his feet on it, and leaned up against the dash and waved at people as they passed. I am sure it looked strange since he was suddenly facing people. Everyone who saw him laughed and he thought it was hilarious. I thought he was going to pass out from laughing. These are some of the pictures he took from his new vantage point.




The most important thing that happened that day was a spiritual experience for me. As we drove for hours on end, we decided that home sounded better and better and that maybe we should drive through the night because the kids would sleep anyway. We already had a reservation in Winnemucca, so we stopped there for dinner a little after seven and I told the lady that we had decided to continue on. She gave me this sad look and said, "Well, I'll turn the vacancy sign on, but if no one takes the room, you'll need to pay for it." The whole thing? I asked incredulously. Well I guess that is the way it works, and I didn't realize this as I had never made a reservation before. Well, we went to dinner and Tyler said, "Start praying Maleen that someone takes that room." I wondered if we should stay if no one took it (I didn't want to just waste $80) but Tyler wanted to drive on regardless. After dinner we passed by and sure enough, someone had rented the room at that late hour. We said many prayers of thanks and continued on our way. It wouldn't have been the hardest lesson to learn, but I appreciate that the Lord heard our prayers and looked out for our little family. Tyler was a true hero. He grabbed an energy drink and drove us all the way home. I would wake up every once in a while and he would be going strong (always my knight in shining armor). It certainly was worth it to get up in our house the next morning and not in the middle of Nevada. Ivory even recognized the house as we came in. She blearily looked around and brightened. "Uh, uh, uh" she said pointing around. I know baby, it's nice to be home.
To end this blog of vacationing, Tyler and I like to watch when the odometer hits an interesting number, so here it is for this vacation.



It is kind of hard to see, but it says 44444.

2 comments:

Deanne said...

Thanks for sharing! I love to hear prayer stories. That position looked comfy? Leave it to Tyler to make random freeway passengers laugh!

Anonymous said...

Mark is loving your love of odometer numbers. He watches it all the time! Must be an Idaho Falls thing....but aren't those Idaho Falls boys great?!?!