Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ready Or Not

We got June's hair cut. It is her first 'official' cut.

It wasn't so bad for me (the mom), since I chopped her curls off after she turned three. That was a sad time for me, since I really felt that she had wavy hair, when in actuality it was just her baby curls at the bottom. After they were gone, her long straight hair was beautiful but it tangled very easily. I was ready for it to be shorter, but I wanted June to feel like it was her choice. And eventually she asked enough times for a hair cut that I knew she was ready. I love it and I think June is pleased as well. I didn't go too drastic because I think she will like being able to pull it back into a pony tail still, but it is different enough that she notices. Just another step on her road to growing up.

9 comments:

Wright Family said...

I love it! With her hair shorter she looks so much older. I don't know if that is good thing or bad thing. I'm always telling Seth and Liam to stop growing up, but Seth informs me he want to grow up.

buhlersdayoff said...

I definitely remember getting hair cuts when I was little. I hated it because my mom wasn't as cool as you and wait until I was ready she would just chop it and then perm it and so it made me look pretty butch. Let's just say Mike saw a home video of me and thought i was one of my brothers!!!

Ker said...

OMG she looks beautiful! I love it! Its true huh- another step to growing up.

Erica said...

Aww I love the new look! She is such a little lady :) Very cute!

Anonymous said...

She's darling. She wears her hair quite beautifully. It is a testament, though, that she is getting older. This is just one more choice we didn't make for her. I'm told by older, wiser, whiter-haired ones that this trend continues until they just up and leave--go to college, get married, and whatnot. Dads, beware. Never let your daughters grow up past about four--yes, four that's the right age. I'm trying to contain June at five. She'll always be my little girl.

Hot Chocolate said...

Very cute! If only my kids had that much hair! What do you feed her??? :)

Jamee said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! She must get her looks from her Daddy since Mommy still has hers.

Anonymous said...

VERY cute haircut!

Deanne said...

She looks so darling!