Saturday, November 20, 2010

And I'm Not Talking About the Coins in Your Purse

I need change. I don't think I look forward to moving, or Tyler changing jobs, or illness that comes, but I do desire a certain amount of adjustment in the daily grind. Hence, why I decorate for almost every holiday. Also why I am constantly looking at a space and reorganizing it. I move furniture around, buy new clothes, cut my hair, and try new recipes. Most of the time, I am very happy with the diversification, but once in a while, something does not shift in the right direction. Mostly that means that I just need to try again. And happily this post is not about a failed transformation. In fact, I am rather pleased with Heidi. Sassy, ain't she?


My ribbon drawer has been suffering for quite a while. Too many ribbons, not enough motivation to actually put them in the girls' hair. And when you want to find one, you have to dig and dig and hope you find one that is not fraying. Well, no more. I don't actually think I will use ribbons more than I used to, but it adds a little flair to my laundry room, and I have a whole drawer upstairs for the taking. I am not even sure what to do with it yet.


Please don't think that I thought of this all on my own. Almost all my creative genius started in someone else's mind. I love this one even more, but I don't think she would fit above my laundry room shelf.


 I am a tad jealous that the picture is obviously taken during the day. Have I mentioned my snobbery about taking pictures at night. I really don't like to do it, and that doesn't bode well in the winter. I will just have to get over my stubbornness. Apparently I need a little change in that area.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

I love it! Makes me wish I had a lot of ribbons, and the girls to go with them. :)

Katie said...

I love it! It's such a cute way to organize ribbons. If I actually had ribbons, I would totally do that. Since I don't though, when I first saw that photo (the one that gave you the inspiration) I wanted to make a skirt out of ribbons! ha ha.

¡Vieve! said...

That's so cute!

Emma Jo said...

Um, love it!! I want a skirt like that to wear. I'm not sure where I would wear it, but I would.