Monday, November 22, 2010

Turkish Delight


Making our thankful turkeys is one of my favorite traditions. You can see some of the others here and here. I only had four to put up this year, but each year we get another. It is like watching a little family of gobblers grow. I keep imagining a whole wall filled with these turkeys twenty years from now.

I did steal the hand idea from June's school turkey this year. I thought it would be so cute with Pearl's tiny hand. Plus, it was really fun for the girls to find their own hand and compare the sizes. Daisy in particular loved finding everybody's hand.



Seriously, it is never too late to start this tradition. Do it.

p.s. If you are worried that you have no artistic talent, you are missing the point. The weirder the turkeys, the more fun it will be to look back at them and laugh. Already, our turkey from 2008 lost one of his googly eyes right before we laminated him, making him the famous one-eyed turkey.

3 comments:

Deanne said...

It is a great tradition. This may be the year we start it!

¡Vieve! said...

The weirder the turkeys the better would really be the thing for me - since I have no talent there at all.

Chelle! said...

I love that tradition. That is awesome!