Thursday, November 11, 2010

Original Poems

June wrote these poems a month or so ago. She really likes to write. She is using a little poetic license with her cadence, but since this is her first attempt, we can forgive her. She wrote 20 of this mini poems, but I won't include them all; just my favorites. (Spelling errors are left in because I think they are cute.)

I made a mess.
It was on my dress.
The dress was pink.
Now it's black ink.


Our truck has a trunk.
I heard a thunck.
It sounded like ghosts saying boo.
Then I got up and aet my stue.


I had bows in my hair. 
So I sat in my chair.
The bows are red.
As is my bed.


What's your name.
Is it lame.
My name is Michael.
I like to recycle.


My mom has a mat.
Our cat sleeps on the mat, bad cat.
I gave our cat no meet.
Because she had her own seat.


Mom will sweap.
I will weap. 
Because I have to mop.
Well my brother spins a top.


Wake up my sister said.
It's time to get out of bed.
I staied asleep as still as still can be.
Today I am happy and I am me.

She is no Dr. Seuss, but I think they are kinda fun. June sure is a character. She keeps me entertained.

3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

It's so great that she's going to have these poems, so that when she's older, she can go back and see what crazy things she wrote as a kid.

Chelle! said...

Oh, I love those poems!! They made me giggle! June is simply adorable.

Suzie Petunia said...

"My name is Michael
I like to recycle"

That's my favorite. It has a real nice rhythm to it.