Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Jett's Halloween Party

I had good intentions to host a Halloween party every year starting last year. And that is where is stayed...at good intentions. It wasn't until Jenaca called me up and asked if I wanted to come to her Halloween party that I realized I wasn't having one. I hadn't even thought of having one. It wasn't even on the radar. Oh well, there is always next year. But I was glad for an excuse to dress up and go on a date.

This was the costume I talked about making. June used it after me, but I broke it in. It was pretty easy to make and I am proud of myself for doing anything that involves sewing.


Yes, I was wearing more crazy eyelashes. I got a whole bunch on sale after Halloween last year. I was going to let June use the eyelashes too but I forgot she wears glasses. I didn't see those two working well together.

And now for a real picture of the Ornothologist. (Which as you all know is fancy talk for bird-watcher.)


The party was fun and we played a few games that we played last year. It was girls against boys, and I am proud to say that the girls won. Woot.


I admit that I felt old. EVERY couple had a baby there. And unanimously, it was their first baby. I guess I could have brought Pearl, but that wouldn't have changed the fact that she is the fifth child. It was a nice feeling to know we aren't at the beginning, and refreshing not to have to drag along a child who will ultimately be cranky by the end of the evening, but still...old feeling.

I loved this little guy's costume.


Cannon was looking good as Superman.


I did use my mothering skills though and let a child puke into my bare hands. It seemed better than letting it get all over the carpet. I saw some very startled faces, and the actual mother wasn't batting my hands aside to take over. I think several women were surprised I would even do that. But, in all honesty, it didn't bother me one bit. Maybe there is something to be said for us 'old' mothers. Been there. Done that. Just wash your hands well afterward.

5 comments:

Scott and Svetlana said...

Oh, i love your costume! We should of come up with something like that instead of not dressing up at all :( but there is always next year and hopefully i'll remember to use your idea - an owl and a bird watcher!!! It looks really cool, including your awesome eyelashes!!!
I actually do the same when my kiddo puking, it much easier to wash your hands for 3 minutes instead of trying to clean up carpet...
Happy Halloween!

Emma Jo said...

I love the costumes! and love/hate that you caught another kid's barf. You both rock and gross me out at the same time :)

¡Vieve! said...

Ha ha that zombie baby is awesome!

Suzie Petunia said...

I love your costumes! And I love that you caught puke. You are my hero.

I'm feeling like an "old mom" these days, too. I kind of like it. :)

Bugers n' Gelato said...

Huh...you are gorgeous in your costume, sweet for catching the puke and convinced me to wait for a bit before procreating.