Monday, October 31, 2011

Trunk-or-Treat

Somebody stop me!! I'm on a roll. Cranking these posts out. Here's hoping I can catch up on my photo themes this quickly.

We don't have family around here, so Trunk-or-Treat is our main Halloween event. Tonight (official Halloween), we let the kids hand out candy and watch an episode of MacGyver. (We don't have It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, because that would have been my first pick.) Not terribly exciting, but they have enough candy.

We had a good time at the Trunk-fest. We all got into the spirit. Here is a peek at our costumes:


To be fair, I do have other pictures of Tyler from the night before when he dressed up and I was the owl. But that is another post.

You may have noticed Ivory in the boot with me handing out candy. She actually got in trouble the day of Trunk-or-Treat and I revoked her privileges to walk around and collect candy. She still got to come and each of her sisters donated five pieces to her later on. But I am that strict mother who designates a punishment and then follows through. I'm not sure if she learned anything...only time will tell, but I felt good about not caving.

And it was just as well, since we have an odd number. The other four paired up and made the rounds. I still get teary-eyed watching the older ones shepherd the younger ones.


I've said it before, but I hope they all take care of each other.


They had their Halloween parties and parades today. I think they all had fun. You can definitely tell that we live in a house of girls when you hear a conversation like this:

Ivory: There were two ninjas in my class, and two G.I. Joes.

June: What's a G. I. Joe?

Ivory: I don't know.

(parents laughing)

Dad: He's a soldier.

Ivory: There was a good G. I. Joe, and a bad G. I. Joe.

Mom: Well, G. I. Joe is always good, the bad one was the guy G. I. Joe fights against.

Dad: (explaining as if to a child) Cobra.

Mom: Right, Cobra.


Like I said...girls.

Hope you had a fabulous Halloween. Oh, and if you needed a close up on those lashes, here they are.


4 comments:

Raging Stallion said...

Those are the bedroom eyes... I'm not sure I like you sharing those with everyone.

Scott and Svetlana said...

Oh, so cool! I liked all of your costumes and especially those super cool eyelashes. :) Happy Halloween!

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Great costumes! Those are some crazy eyelashes, bet it felt good to take those off!

¡Vieve! said...

How fun! I'm jealous of the ability to put the stuff on your eyelashes - I can never manage to do it.