Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bangs?

Sorry. That was truly cruel to talk about those delicious muffins and not provide a recipe. But I couldn't remember where I found them and I didn't want to hunt them down last night. Lucky for you, I found them this afternoon. Ok, hurry, click here.

Now I would like to lament our tragic loss to the battle of the scissors. With so many girls, it was inevitable that someone would get ahold of the scissors and cut their locks. I was amazed as each year passed and we seemed to come out unscathed. I admit there were a few singleton hairs snipped away in idle curiosity, but no serious damage. And then along came Daisy...(How many of my stories start that way?)

She tried to cut out a hair tie the other day. (This was actually a few months ago.) It didn't go so well and instead she hacked off a chunk of hair at the front of her head. But it was easily disguised. However, when she went back for seconds this week, there is less ways to hide the damage.


It isn't as bad as I made it look. I pulled the damaged part together so you can see her handiwork, but most of the time it just looks like she has some interesting bangs. And I guess she does now.


And she is banned from scissors, of course. It could have been worse, but knowing her, I don't feel we are in the clear yet. And there is always Pearl...

Grandma is still hoping that someone will accidentally cut off her tail.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Hello. I found you via Concrete Sequential. Love that you have 5 girls. I do too.
Love your stories. Thanks for sharing.

Maleen said...

Thanks for the comment Shelley. It is nice to meet mothers who probably know most of what I am going through :)