Friday, October 28, 2011

Walking In the Canyon

A week or so ago, we made it out to the canyon as a family. It was great to walk around and enjoy nature. (I actually enjoy nature immensely when my allergies are not active, it is not too cold, and I know that I don't have to stay outdoors for prolonged periods of time. Yes, you may judge me.)

We took pictures and I thought I would throw some on here to remember the day. So, in no particular order...

Robyn was finding huge rocks to throw in the river
I think the skirt says it all
Sweet Daisy
Love cool webs, especially sans spider

I think Pearl came so sassy to keep me on my toes

I like fuzzy-looking plants
Proof I was there. It wasn't as cold as they make it look.

This one knows she's cute...wait til you lose those baby teeth

Seriously...fuzzy plants. What are those things even?
The sploosh from Robyn's big rock. She was proud.

Ah, Fall

Caught him whistling.
It was a gorgeous day, albeit a bit chilly for those without jackets. I did take more pictures of nature, but truthfully I enjoy pictures of people more. To each his own. There isn't much Fall left to savor. But I am excited for the upcoming holidays. Too bad they have to be accompanied by snow and such. Ooh, do I hear myself? I am such a whiner. So, here's to hot chocolate, long-sleeved shirts, snuggling, and scarves. (I don't wear enough scarves...probably because I'm not sure how.)

2 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Kindred spirits I tell you, kindred spirits.

Suzie Petunia said...

I love the "sploosh" picture! What a great shot! And those fuzzy plants are probably the things that drive your allergies crazy. But they sure are lovely! ...as is your family on a crisp autumn day out in nature.