Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkins We Carved (and Painted)

It is always a tad crazy trying to carve pumpkins with kids. Someone always needs help. Parents are lucky to get much done on their own pumpkins. But I love this tradition.

Here we are as a family. Pearl was in the thick of things, but never got a pumpkin of her own. (Last child syndrome.)




The Jett's joined us. They are such an awesome family. I took some really cute pictures of their little girl Savannah recently, and I can't believe I never posted them. Add that to the blog list.


In order to keep Daisy happy, we let her paint her pumpkin all by herself. But when it was all said and done, she was upset that her pumpkin wasn't scary (carved), so we let her add a face. That seemed to appease her.



Ivory wanted to carve and paint. She did a good job.


Actually, everyone wanted to carve and paint. Robyn's was a Dalmation.


June gets no points this year. Tyler drew and carved her pumpkin. (Although it was her idea.)


And she did paint it afterward, or two days later. (We ran out of time that evening.) I guess that is like writing your name at the top of the test. You get 2 points.


I opted to carve and paint too. I liked how mine turned out.


Tyler was quite done with carving by the time he finished June's, but he had a last burst of energy to finish his pumpkin. *yawn*

 
I think that means it is bedtime. (I should note here that I almost always blog at night, which if why I always talk about going to bed. I promise I am not narcoleptic or anything.)

4 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

We haven't purchased or carved any pumpkins this year. What is WRONG with me??

Scott and Svetlana said...

Pumpkins looks awesome! My fav is with witch legs+boots.
Can't wait till I came to Utah and hopefully see all of your lil-cuties.

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Awesome pumpkins! Let the creativity flow! I like the witches boots too. :)

¡Vieve! said...

Pumpkin carving is always more involved than I think it'll be. I'm pretty done with it after I make the first cut.