Monday, November 18, 2019

Cruise Day 6 - Back at Sea

This was our last full day of the cruise and also a day at sea. We slept in a bit because we could and went to breakfast. There is a different menu on sea days so I couldn’t ask about my sad waffles from yesterday. I just had Huevos Rancheros. Not too bad.

Since we wanted to do some relaxing, we went up early to Serenity deck to find a pod. We found one right next to the area we were before and even though we used the pod, we also pulled up lounge chairs because in the pod you couldn’t feel the air as well. I loved sitting in those lounge chairs with the wind blowing and writing or reading. One guy stopped to ask if I was writing in a diary. He said he hadn’t seen that in so long and thought it was really cool. :)





We whiled away the time. Beth wanted to go on the water slides but the tube slide wasn’t open because it was so windy. Taking tubes up top would have been foolish. So we played in the water and went down the body slide. I managed to smack my head on the edge of the slide as I went down. Ha...I don’t recommend that.





For a while we watched part of the Hairy Chest contest. We could see it from the water park area. It is fun to see people let go of their inhibitions even as you wish some people would hold onto theirs. Some of the men didn’t seem to have very hairy chests but they were the ones who volunteered. I think Jonny could have won, but who wants random judges touching or smelling your chest and another lady slapping your butt?

At some point the boys grabbed lunch at the Pig and Anchor. I just skipped it. The amount of food I have consumed on this trip is a little sickening to me. I was happy to skip a meal. However, when it started to rain, we gave up the pod to come inside and play games and I did finally get my guava cream cheese donut. It cost $3.50 but it was tasty. I guess that was my lunch. :)


We played Scotch Bridge and I won! Go Kitty! We debated playing more but the guys wanted to check out the parachute drop. One person on the team stands at the top of the atrium and the teammate on the bottom tries to fan the parachute guy into the hole. Pretty simple. Beth and I opted to throw from the top because it was so smokey smelling down below. Beth and Jonny at least landed on the corn hole board. Tyler and I didn’t make it. But later someone got it in the hole so we were all eliminated.



We went back to the game room and played some Monopoly Deal. That has been a good game for the cruise. We took out the Deal Breaker cards. We call them the ‘I win’ cards and we had a much more competitive game without them. You could get farther and build more. I liked it. We went from there to see the other comedian Sid.


I liked his show much more and I laughed a lot. He was doing a PG show so kids could come. He did a shout out to people traveling with kids and there was a small response. Then he said, “Kids, do you want to hear real excitement? Who is traveling without kids?” And there was a huge roar from the crowd. I’m glad we were traveling without kids, but I did miss them terribly. There is an R rated show later in the evening and it makes me sad that they even have a show like that. I agree with Beth that comedians make me nervous because you never know when it might go sour but with a show rated PG we were pretty safe.

We ate dinner after and we meant to take a picture with all our waitstaff but we waited too long and could only find Walter when we left. For showtime, all the wait staff brought out flaming Baked Alaskans and sang ‘Leaving on a Jet Plane’ with some words changed. It was pretty cute. When Mr. A was wrapping up (he's the one who always said his hissing ‘showtime’ at the beginning and end) he walked behind Beth who plugged her ears and he made the funniest face and then he sort of whispered it instead. :) He could tell she didn't enjoy it.





The other funny part was a magician (in training) who came over to our table. He started his trick but then showtime started and we couldn’t hear him. He was yelling his instructions and the trick didn’t work. Oops. He didn’t come back to our table later. I think he was a little embarrassed at his failed attempt.


Here is one of the many photographers. They come to your table and take a picture EVERY night. They take individual shots and a couple photo. If they caught me before dinner, that is fine, but with braces, you'd better believe I didn't want a picture after I ate.


We weren’t planning on a late night because we needed to pack but we figured one more night in the hot tub would be fun. We took the monologue jar and chatted and enjoyed the evening and company. Then it started to rain. We had to salvage the monologue jar and clothing but then we just stayed in the hot tub. We were already wet anyway. It poured and sometimes the rain stung a little but it was awesome. When you aren’t worried about getting soaked, the rain can be delightful.

It was a very sloshy evening on the ship. I didn’t feel good and finally went to bed to hold off the queasy. Even Tyler was feeling it and he roamed the ship and checked out the piano bar. Beth also slept and happily did not throw up.

Our cruise is almost over. It has been such a magical trip. And we had one last towel design, although not an animal. Hermes was such a great steward. We made sure to leave him a good tip.

No comments: