Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Inktober 2019

Last year I posted an ink drawing from Robyn's Inktober each day of November as my daily blog post, but I found that I wasn't very good about posting other things, so I didn't make much progress. So this year, you get it all in one post. Which is super fun in itself. It is so great to see all of the art together. I'll  just apologize now. My phone is not taking the best pictures, so some of these pictures may look a little hazy. That is the phone, not the art. They were already all up on the wall at work, where I keep them, when I took pictures, so they don't all have the best light either. Nothing edited or photoshopped...just the art in all its glory.

June made the Inktober sign this year. She has little drawings to go with the themes. You can guess what a theme may be and then figure out what it is from the following pictures. For instance, on the top of the 'I', there is a ring and next to it, it says Day 1. The theme that day was...ring. Get it? It is like a little scavenger hunt. I really like it. (It may be hard to see the days...stupid camera.)


Now, for the all the drawings by Robyn. The prompts are supplied online, but Robyn decides how to interpret each theme. I love her ideas and creativity. Here we go.









Right around here, Robyn got some new markers. They are really nice alcohol markers and she loved them. All her pictures from here on out have color and some of them are full color drawings. They are fantastic. And she decided to start making them on half sheets of cardstock, so they are all uniform. I really like that size and she doesn't feel the pressure to fill an entire page.
























Robyn did something new this year. (Besides markers.) She did a time lapse of all her pieces so you can see her ink them in. It is really cool to see her work come together. I chose three although she insists I do another post sometime with all the videos. They don't show up in the blog book so I was dragging my feet, but she likes to be able to access them.

She admits that she isn't the best at videos yet. Many are sideways, but you still get the overall idea.




Robyn is extremely talented. She let me put all her drawings up in the copy room again. I get so many comments as people walk through. And it makes every day brighter at work, to look at them. I am spoiled. My own personal art show. Here is a picture when they were going up. They are all there now, and Robyn finally came over to see them. I think she is pretty proud of her handiwork and she should be. It is truly a gift.


Now comes the hardest part. Can you choose a favorite? Some people can. Others choose several. Many people just can't choose. It took me a long time to choose for myself and I still love so many of them. But my personal favorite is Day 16 Wild. Luckily, I don't have to choose only one for the copy room. I can bask in them all.

No comments: