Sunday, November 10, 2019

The Summer Art Show 2019

I was really on top of the art this summer. I blogged every week about all our cool art themes and the pieces we did. I think the girls came up with so many creative, interesting art projects. In the end, we had over 100 pieces of art. We had had some guest judges along the way, but it seemed we needed to share our art with more people, so we decided to have a large art show. We put all the art on display and people could come walk through and even vote on their favorite piece.

I even spoke with the art teacher from our Junior High and he came and judged the whole show for us. We had given individual awards each week, but they were the categories of Most Creative, Best Fit, Something About It, and Judge's Favorite. For this large show, Mr. Anderson gave out a first second and third in each category as well as several honorable mentions. Then he did a first, second, and third overall award with the big ribbons.

I took quick pictures of the show. They aren't close up, but of course you can go back and look at any of the art categories over the summer to see more detail on the art. (Click on the category to go back to the original blog post.) It was fun to put them all on boards. Each piece of art had a number next to it. You could look at a chart near the art to see what the piece was called and who did it. (I didn't want Mr. Anderson to know who did what. We were trying to make it at unbiased as possible.)

ORIGAMI


HOT VS. COLD



EXTINCT


ZOO ANIMALS



SPEED


WOOD


SPOONS


 CARTOON FACES


GOLD


VOLCANO


We kept the art show open for a few days. It was so fun to have people drop in to view the art. The girls put so much effort into everything over the summer. And we had several pieces from other people as well. We had over 60 people come and view the show. That isn't too shabby.

It was fun to go around and put all the awards on after Mr. Anderson judged.



I can't list all the awards on here because it would take a lot of space, so I'll just put the Best in Show. Spoiler: They all happened to be mine. It was just random and I felt a little bad because it was just one person's opinion. But at least all the girls could be annoyed with me instead of each other.

3rd PLACE:
Hawaii Sunset (Volcano)


2nd PLACE
Culinary Petals (Spoons) This was a joint project between me and Pearl so I let her keep this ribbon.


1st PLACE
Hades (Cartoon Faces)


I really like these pieces and I'm very proud of them, so of course I'm happy they won awards, but they aren't necessarily the best.

After the show was all finished, I gave the girls all the ribbons they received. That is a lot of ribbons. Everyone did a great job!


The most prestigious award was the PEOPLE'S CHOICE. We had everyone vote as they came through. No fancy art degree, just what you liked personally or what made you smile or look again. We had 158 votes. (Yes, many people voted for more than one, but YOU try to chose only ONE favorite.)

Here are the results

People's Choice 3rd PLACE was a tie:

5 Second Rule (Speed)


Princesses (Wood) - Robyn added four more before the show. I love them all.


People Choice 2nd PLACE:

His Legacy Lives On (Extinct)


People's Choice 1st PLACE:

Quilled Volcano (Volcano)


I got gift cards for these winners from our favorite sponsor Hobby Lobby. Well, they aren't an official sponsor but we sure spent a lot of money there this summer.


I think this art show was the most fun. I plan on doing it again next summer. And I hope we have more people outside the family participate. In the end it is all about sharing talents and enjoying other's skills. I sure loved all the things that were created.

No comments: