Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Young and Sweet...Only Seventeen

Seriously, aren't you happy to be done with the cruise?? Me too. It was great, but it is time to move on and blog about my kiddos again. Which reminds me...this post requires a little background music. Please click on this link for the right theme music and then continue reading. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ij_pUtJJrw

So...June. Seventeen. Can you believe it? She is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from being an adult. I might start crying now.

June is such a great girl. I'm amazed at how much she is like me. It is nice. I always wondered if I would be friends with myself, but if June is any indication, I think I would. Granted, she is better than me, so it isn't exactly accurate.

Let's celebrate this chica. June wanted to do an escape room with the family for her birthday. It just so happens that there was a new place opening up called Secret Combinations. June's birthday was the day before their opening, so they let us come through as guinea pigs for free. That is so nice of them. And the room did not disappoint. It was the best escape room I've done.


It was mad scientist themed and all the challenges were cool and plenty were science themed. We got to spin down test tubes, use litmus paper, figure out petri dish puzzles and use a microscope. Okay, we didn't actually use the microscope but that is only because my kids have such sharp eyes, they could read the most minuscule print. It was crazy.



It was very fun and everyone chipped in and helped solve the puzzles. It was close but we got out with a minute and a half to spare. I completely recommend Secret Combinations.


Back at home, we did a raspberry cake. Look how stunning this girl looks. I'm sure all that extra light from seventeen candles makes her eyes sparkle.



Then we did balloons. The balloon challenge we did by accident last year has caught on. Daisy did it.  And June requested it again. We had confetti, water, money, candy, and challenges. Things to notice: It was dark outside, so we put a tarp down in Midgard. Tyler rigged up a balloon holder; unnecessary but fun.





The challenges were fun. The first one June got was to take a picture with 17 people in it. Tricky with only seven people in our family. She needed at least ten more. She immediately thought of a family in our neighborhood that has a lot of kids. Thanks to the Felix's, (and one kind neighbor) she made it.


Another challenge was to draw an identifiable picture on her head. Not the easiest. Can you identify what she drew?* Lucky for June, her sisters were able to identify the objects.



Then June got to open some presents. I think she got some great stuff, including an eccentric card from Grandma Dargan. Did you read the entire card, Grandma?




Probably the most responsible present June got was a credit card from Dad. I mean, she has to pay for the card, but it was a gift from him. Can you give a gift that the receiver has to pay for? I thought it was funny because the next day, I had this sentence on Duolingo.



Well, Duo, June doesn't need one. She got one for her birthday. Happy Birthday my lovely June bug.


*Her challenge was to draw a jellyfish and seahorse. Did you figure it out?

Oh, I almost missed this picture and had to come back to put it in here. June had her birthday lunch a couple weeks later and she chose Thai food. Perfect choice. She loves food and trying new stuff. It was an excellent lunch.


1 comment:

Megan Dargan said...

Since I am so behind on blogs, I was unaware of the balloon challenge tradition. Looks like she had a great birthday. I am highly honored that my "eccentric" card made the blog. I actually got that card for Miranda's birthday and everybody liked it so much that I went back to get one for June. I wonder if Thai food is keto.....