Monday, December 15, 2008

The Life of the Party

Did I ever mention that I am married to the most exuberant man? Oddly enough, he doesn't really desire to go to social functions; without me he would most likely be a hermit (by his own admission). However, once I get him to a party, there is no stopping the man. He is just downright hilarious.
We attended the Scoresby's annual Christmas party. Those people know how to throw a party! The holidays would not be complete without it; I look forward to it with anticipation every year. This year was no exception. Keri comes up with a game to begin the festivities and it changes from year to year. This year was quite the doozy. It consisted merely of two teams that were given a pair of pantyhose and balloons. The idea was to blow up the balloons, and stuff them into the pantyhose until they resembled some sort of "antlers," then stick them on someone's head and sing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. The objective? Accomplish this before the other team does. Everyone nominated Tyler to "antler-wearer," naturally. The guys' team won and here is Tyler dancing around to Rudolf, wearing pantyhose antlers on his head. I will never forget this image.



And now, neither will you.

But then he couldn't stop playing with them throughout the night and by the end of the evening, he really had some interesting antlers. Add a few of the gag gifts from the evening, and here is the finished product.



We had a really good time. The Scoresby's always play the Oldy-Wed game. We usually stink at it, but this year we were in tune. I chalk it up to praying right before we left that we would do well . We won!! I think we only missed two questions and I don't think Obfuscating counts, Steve! (Even though Tyler got it mostly right with, "to hide or obscure.") As always the white-elephant gift exchange was classic. I was impressed that people actually remembered what we had brought all three years: a white elephant made out of toilet paper, holey sheets, and a box of See's candy with a bite taken out of each piece. This year we returned a silly (loud) penguin that has been circulating for several years now.
We had such a good time. Thanks again to the Scoresby's. Without you, how would I ever get pictures of Tyler in pantyhose?

I am adding this picture late, but as you can see, I enjoy a good party as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man I look good. Don't tell everyone about the other times I've been in pantyhose...

meganmushrat said...

I don't think Dad and I ever were as social as you and Tyler are. I am SO glad that the two of you get out and have good times together. It doesn't hurt that Tyler has a zest for life that puts most others in the shade. I am currently writing our annual Christmas newsletters, and I'm wondering how to fit in that picture of Tyler . . .

Sharona said...

I don't think that that picture will ever "fit" in. You might squeeze it in for flavor but...lol.

I miss going out and laughing. I need friends! Ones that actually make me giggle.

Deanne said...

I never in a million years would have guessed that Tyler doesn't love social functions!