Tuesday, July 12, 2011

All Together Again

Kathryn brought the girls over bright and early Sunday morning. She told me before that Daisy didn't ask about us at all. I found this a little disturbing. I mean, I guess I hoped she missed me in the first place, but Daisy asks about everyone. Whenever someone is missing at a friend's house, or at school, she asks about them. "Where is June?" Someone goes to piano..."Where is Robyn?" She doesn't ask about Dad every day since she knows he is at work, but if we go somewhere, she will ask if he is going to come along.

So imagine my surprise when Kathryn said that she hadn't asked about us at all. I see how it is. But I gave her her presents anyway.

I picked up my Pearly P right away and she just stared at me. No smiles, no sign of recognition. Great, my baby has forgotten me. It took her a little time to warm up, but I think she eventually decided that I might be that same lady that used to play with her once upon a time.

And now days she is back into the groove. I get kisses and hugs and my lap is once again her favorite place to be, but it was touch and go at the beginning.

Daisy, on the other hand, remembered us but was much more interested in what we brought her. And for the record, she asks and talks about you guys, Kat and Kolby, all the time.

We must say thanks again to Kathryn especially. I hate to mention it, but Pearl was experiencing some digestional woes (read: severe diarrhea). For the record, it had been going on for two weeks beforehand and I was sure that she would be better by trip time. She wasn't. In fact, it got worse before it got better. I am pretty sure that Kathryn's name was written in gold in the books of heaven solely for taking care of my baby and dealing with stuff that no one should have to unless they actually gave birth to said child. You are amazing. And Kat, you cured her. She hasn't had a problem since she got back. We owe you big time for fixing our broken child.

We got to spend only a few moments with family, but it was great to see everybody. Grandma and Grandpa always take great care of us and feed us very well. Grandpa didn't catch the kids in time for church, but continued the tradition regardless.


Barry, you are becoming famous here in Utah. Everyone can always tell when we have been to Idaho. Most people look at the kids and say, "Oh, you saw Grandpa this weekend."

But my favorite picture by far is this outtake taken before we got everyone assembled.


Those are my girls. It sure is good to be together again.

Oh, and we got the dog back too.


She is technically family. I didn't miss her the same way, but it is good to have her back. And frankly if Robyn had to choose between me and the dog, I might lose.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

You are lucky that you married into such a nice family. It is obvious how much you all mean to them. I still get jealous that they get to see so much more of you than we do - but I am REALLY glad that Vicki came to Disneyland with us.

Kudos for making it through the vacation intact and being reunited with your family. Glad everything's back to normal!