Friday, July 15, 2011

She Loves Me, She Loves Me a Lot

Daisy, Daisy, Daisy. Sometimes there aren't the right words to describe you. I know this, because I've started this paragraph five different times and nothing seems right. Three years ago, I was ecstatic because I finally went into labor by myself for the first time, and then I almost had my first c-section. But you got here safe and sound, even with that full knot in your cord. And we have loved you ever since.

Just so you know, you were super excited about your birthday today. You have been talking about it for weeks. You have been a little confused about whether you are two or three, but you figured it all out this morning. Too bad, you woke up sick. (Although I am somewhat impressed...no one has ever thrown up on the door frame before.) So, you took a little nap this morning to sleep off the yuck.


And then you were fine amazingly. We played at the park and took you out to choose balloons. Usually I pick them for you, but I didn't have time, so we let you go for it. I liked your selection, which was obviously well supervised by your sisters.


We made you some cupcakes, with your Daisy flower on them. You actually think every flower is your Daisy flower, but we will work on it.


You blew out all three candles quickly.


You opened your presents like a pro, and you loved everything. You made your sisters really happy because they all knew that you would love their gift the most. (Seriously, they all said that when we were individually wrapping gifts.) I'm going to have to keep you busy this fall, because with that new pack-pack, you are ready for school.


Don't you love that cheezer smile? I can't wait to do her photo session, because I think I am going to get a lot of that smile.

Even though you still get into everything, we all love you a lot. Happy Birthday, my Daze.

1 comment:

Tim Dargan said...

Well, you know what? I love you and daisy too! I am glad that she enjoyed her birthday and sorry that she felt yucky for the beginning of it! Give her my love!