Monday, July 25, 2011

Dinosaur Museum

It is Monday. I can tell. I already have a headache, and I have only checked off one thing on my to-do list. Today I will not be planning any fun activities, which is a shame, because I can already feel the end of summer right around the corner. There is only one week left in July and Walmart is packed with school supplies. Part of me is not ready to lose all this freedom, but part of me craves a schedule. So, I'll enjoy these few weeks we have left, right after I take an Advil.

But here is some proof that I have not been a lame-summer-mommy this time around. We actually made it to the Dinosaur Museum. I only went because we had free tickets for the kids. It is fun, but not $8-per-child fun. I'm still not sure if they had more fun at the Museum or at the Carl's Jr. play area the other day.

The lighting was terrible, for my camera that is, so please excuse the slightly blurry photos and the really blurry photos.

Looking for...you guessed it...dinosaurs!

The girls had a great time in the water and sand area.


The nice thing about going somewhere new is that they get along really well.


You have to take a picture in front of the big shark.


And they ended their time in the fossil area.


Pearl was happy to escape from the stroller finally, and she and Annalise explored the new texture of sand.


I enjoyed the hands-on part at the beginning called the Notion of Motion? where they had all these different experiments having to do with the physics of motion. I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy playing.


So, if you have a chance to go for free, I totally recommend it.

3 comments:

meganmushrat said...

One of the things that I regret about not living nearer to you is the opportunity to visit this museum more often. As you know, it is on our "must see" list whenever we come. I am constantly amazed at the great pictures you take - and they didn't look that blurry to me!

Tim Dargan said...

I love the dinosaur museum so much that I would pay double just to get in!

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Looks like lots of fun! And free makes it even better. Such cute girls you have!!!