Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beach Combers


Let's not talk about how long it took us to find the beach. You would think it would be easier, but apparently we Cazier's could not find water with a forked stick. And even when we could see Newport beach, we couldn't find the road down. So we parked and walked. Then walked a little more. But good things come to those who walk. (Which was also realized at Disneyland.) The beach was just what the girls wanted, minus a hoard of shells. They really liked the sand. They played, and played.


Everyone was buried at least once and turned into a mermaid.


Don't worry Tim, we won't show your mermaid picture.



June liked the water and explored deeper than I was comfortable with. Luckily, the big waves washed her back on shore.



Ivory took a dip now and then.


Robyn got one mouthful of salt-water and spent the rest of the time on the shore. I don't blame her. I really don't like the taste of salt-water. Actually I can't say that I love sand that much either. I was paranoid to take the camera out, but I did by gum. That was my contribution to the trip. You gotcha catch memories like sand angels.


We didn't bring towels on our trip since we were planning to use a friend's. But when plans fell through, we stopped at Kohl's and became the proud owner of beach towels and these:


I think they all look like silly super heroes. They came in handy though. Tyler was sporting the look. Blue Steel, I think.


Tyler liked the water most of all. He rode waves in over and over.


He would occasionally do the Baywatch run to shore and see if he was needed. Although he is a great catch, I kept throwing him back in.


So it went thus. Sand, water, more sand.


More sand.


Here is our Sandlot. (Ooh, two references to the Sandlot within a month, and I don't even remember the movie.)


Naturally I had to get a picture of myself. Yes, I know they are always of my eyes, but my arms aren't long and that is just the way my camera works.


All in all, it was a great afternoon at the beach.


It was the perfect way to relax before we exhausted ourselves at the Happiest Place on Earth. More on that soon...

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. It brought back a lot of memories that I have of going to the beach when my brother and I were kids. We didn't do the bury-in-the-sand-and-make-mermaids thing, but we did build sand castles and dig up sand crabs. Unfortunately making sand castles requires wet sand, and wet sand is near the water, and water . . . well, you know the rest.