Friday, July 22, 2011

Moments

Sometimes I think there is nothing more beautiful than a sleeping child.


But that is probably fueled by the part of me that also thinks, Finally, I can get something done.

And now I am switching gears to a different child. People sometimes get confused because I will post a picture of one child and then talk about another. So, to be clear: that is a picture of Pearl, but I am now going to talk about Daisy. 

Daisy's favorite primary song is I Love to see the Temple. She sings parts of it off and on all the time. She doesn't have all the words straight and she leaves some out, but that adds to the charm. In fact, remind me to record her singing because I will miss that later on.

My favorite part is at the end. The last line is, This is my sacred duty. But Daisy always sings, This is my sacred beauty. I almost want to sing it wrong when I sing it with her, just so it takes her longer to figure it out. Is that bad?

4 comments:

Tim Dargan said...

I think that at her age that is healthy but you will want to tell her eventually.

Jenaca and Stephen said...

Pearl is so cute and I can totally picture Daisy singing that song! :)

meganmushrat said...

You do have beautiful children - which is really nice because it means that I have beautiful grandchildren!

Desmama said...

Aw, I think it's so cute! Recently I've been reminded of some of the funny things my kids have said, even if they were "wrong" lyrics to a song and my heart kind of aches because the memories are so precious. She'll figure out the real words soon enough, I guess, so it probably doesn't hurt to let her sing those for as long as she will. ;)