Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Blogoversary #4

Yep, I didn't even remember it was my blog's anniversary until someone left me a comment. Thanks Teena!

So, because you have all been faithful readers for four years now, I will do one of my excellent hodge-podge, catch-up posts because that is what I am famous for. (Just kidding, I am not famous, and if I were, I am not sure what it would be for. Hopefully something good.)

Let's start with a picture I forgot to add one day.


It is just me and Pearl and it was back when she wasn't quite so sassy. Granted that was only a few weeks ago, but it doesn't take long for a child to decide that she wants to be big like her sisters and throw fits when she can't have her way. She is still a sweet thing most of the time, but she sure has a stubborn streak. And she seems to be following in June's footsteps in that the only word she says is 'bear' and she doesn't say it that well. So, we'll just have to be patient in the talking department.

It is about that time again to have our carpets cleaned. But this time around, I will be a little sad because there is this baby hand-print on my stairs.


Actually quite a few. They get fainter with each stair. I don't know what Pearl put her hand in, or maybe it was just wet and the stairs collected dirt, but this little print makes me smile every time I climb the stairs. It also makes me realize that it is time for a good clean. Such conflicted emotions.

Daisy is up to her normal antics.


We caught that blessed moment the other day and just today at the pool, she was running around with her pants half-down. (Something about wanting to sit on a wet wash-cloth with her bare heiny.) She keeps things interesting, that is for sure. As for the pool, the girls finished swimming lessons today and Robyn and June are doing fabulous. I would say they can actually swim now, although I don't know about treading water. But I'll take it for now. I meant to bring my camera today, but somehow I forgot. (Typical.)

Grandma Cazier bought huge lollipops for the girls at Disneyland. I didn't give them to them until much later. (Have I mentioned that I am not a fan of sticky?) Luckily, my mother happened to give us a large flip-flop sucker, so Daisy was appeased with the whole ordeal. Here they are.


Man, those are three huge suckers. (And the candy is pretty big too!)


You remember mustache night. Well, tonight was bandana themed. We didn't get a picture all together but these two were my favorites.



And so I'll bid you a fond adieu until tomorrow which starts another whole year of blogging. Which reminds me, I just got another book published. You know, blog book. Not anything too exciting, but my memories are in print; eight books to be precise. Not too shabby eh?

Okay, fine, I will add a picture of me too. After all, it is my blog, and my anniversary, and it's my party and I can cry if I want to.


I'm down with my blue eyes in this one. Sometimes after looking at brown eyes all day, I think mine look strange and other days I am pleased with their color. I guess today it one of those days.

5 comments:

Tim Dargan said...

Happy anniversary!

¡Vieve! said...

That picture of you is adorable! And happy blogaversary! I like the idea of printing out the blogs into a book - I really should look into doing that.

meganmushrat said...

Bandanna night? Mustache night? What next? Hack off fingers night? Black eye night? Shave heads night? Just giving you some ideas.

Emma Jo said...

Happy Blogoversary!! It is a truly satisfying accomplishment. Glad to be here for the ride!

Suzie Petunia said...

Happy belated Blogoversary! Yes, you do have beautiful blue eyes! I also look into brown eyes all day long. 3 of the 5 are brown, the youngest is kind of hazel/brown, and my Henry is my only blue-eyed kid. It kind of bums me out sometimes that more of my kids don't look like me. Not that I'm all that. But, you know. My husband's side seems to have some very dominant genes. :)