Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Circus Sadie's

Now that June has reached the age of dating, she is going to the school dances and she attended her first dance last month. I don't remember things being quite so crazy when I was in school. June's High School has eight dances during the school year. (Three boys choice, three girls choice, and a couple other ones. Is that normal?) A dance usually means someone asks creatively, someone answers creatively, kids do a group day date and then they attend the dance. Not to mention pictures somewhere in there. It is a lot. (I know we didn't do day dates when I was in school.)

June decided to ask a guy in our neighborhood. They are good friends and she wanted to go with someone fun. She wrote this note and left it at his house.


I think she is super brave because she went like this to school the next day. (I'm glad she doesn't take herself too seriously.)


Later, Steven left this on our doorstep.


So, it was all official. Dances often have a theme, which is fine, but adds another element of crazy. This dance had a circus theme. So in June's group, the girls decided to be cats, and the boys were lion tamers. It works, right?

Sadly, the kids were so busy that day with other activities that they couldn't schedule a day date. So they met before the dance to play Wii and have dinner. But first we shot some pictures. Our light was fading fast. In fact, we had just taken family photos while the sun was setting, so I knew our light was limited. But we grabbed all the couples and got some really cute shots before the light left.








I really like this one of the boys holding back the girls.


June had a great time at the dance. They actually were having so much fun playing Wii, that they didn't go to the dance until later. But the whole point is to have fun and I think they did that just fine.


So I don't forget, the couples were McKenzie and Joey, Josie and Simeon, and June and Steven.

No comments: