Thursday, December 27, 2018

October Chatbook 2018

It always feels really good to do a chatbook, because it means I have everything else done for that month and I'm just sweeping the last little pieces into a nice neat post. I am still behind but I am well on my way to catching up. It is going to happen. It has taken over a year, I confess, but I have never given up and my goal is in sight.

I also plan on going fresh in the New Year (like I did last year) and doing current while catching up. It is what saved me at the beginning of this year and I'm already in a better position. Let's just hope I can get Christmas done before August. ;)

Back to this last October. Let's check out all the tidbits of the month.

The kids did a really crazy mutual night called 'Task.' I think they all wrote down tasks for other kids to do and put them in a box. They kept adding while drawing tasks that other people had written. It was a bit chaotic, but they all had a great time. (So I hear.) June came home with this ladybug drawn on her arm. It didn't come off for quite a while. I like that the red was dominant.



Tyler had his first Real Estate Transaction. He helped his coworker Lisa buy a house. I have bought a house twice now and I never realized how much work goes in on the agent side. Tyler worked so hard to help Lisa find the right place. I'm really proud of him and I hope Lisa likes her home.


Sister Maile, who teaches June's class at church brought a cake over for Steven and June and their class. I forgot to include this picture in the birthday post. So it ended up here.


I finally made a Spikeball group. There aren't many of us but we all like to play and try to get together. And it is nice that my girls can fill in when someone can't make it. Here is Caroline, Janille, Mandy, and I playing while the weather was still okay in October.


June was working most of October. (She actually was let go with many seasonal people in November, but she was happy to have some free time back.) One of the jobs that she didn't love was sign spinning. But we sure got a kick out of seeing June on the sidewalk in funny costumes. Some costumes kept anonymity. (The baby costume was the funniest, but June felt so hot and gross inside.) This ended up being June's favorite although you could tell it was her.


Daisy and I went on a date. She wanted to sample the Cone of Wonder. I have decided for sure that I don't like them that much. But I am also positive that I love dates with Daisy. We went home and watched a movie together. Super chill.


What would a chatbook be like without a picture of Robyn sleeping?


The littles had a mustache day at school. Luckily, we had plenty of mustaches on hand from when June asked Steven to Sadie's. Daisy is rocking the stache.


Pearl looks so cute, but I have to admit, I laughed really hard at the picture Robyn edited.



Ives continued her speech therapy at the Junior High, but she has gotten really good at saying her 'R's and she graduated in only a couple months. Good job!


Over Fall Break, June became an official driver. It is weird because they take their driver test during the class now. I thought she would have to take a driver's test when we got there, but we only had to pick up her temporary license. Sweet. So beware, driver's. June is on the road...in a truck no less.


As the weather got colder, we moved Spikeball indoors. It is actually really fun to play inside too. You just need to be more careful when you dive.


Pearl still sleeps with her eyes open. And it is still pretty creepy.


I woke up one morning and there was an amazing rainbow. It went across the whole sky. The funny things about rainbows is that they only last for a short time. Ten minutes later it was completely gone. Good thing we can take pictures.


I really liked Robyn's simple design for the window this month. She let me help paint.



Robyn has also been doing some painting at school. It seems she practices on her arm. Must be sad to wash a masterpiece off your arm.


We all made it to the dentist in October. (Actually, I think Tyler was sick and missed until November, but we were close.) I liked this little picture with all the teeth dressed up in Halloween costumes.


Speaking of spooky, check out Ghost Pip. She haunts our carpets.


Camie made cookies for us. She decorated them herself and I have never seen such cute cookies. She could go in to business. I have never made cookies that look this professional. I'm going to need to take some lessons.



Robyn did MUN at school. She got an award for outstanding delegate. She may have gotten it for just learning how to say the name of her country.


And we finish up the month with a very cute dragonfly. It seemed a bit cold for dragonflyies and perhaps that is why he held still for so long. We took pictures for twenty minutes. But he did leave eventually. I hope he found a good place to hibernate.


No comments: